RE: Re: [TI-99/4A] Paolo Bagnaresi

  • computerclassics2000
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 3, 2013

      Check out the "TI Hall of Fame" entry for Paolo Bagnaresi. It was expertly written by Berry Harmsen.

      BillG

      09/03/2013

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, <ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      This is truly sad.  I worked with him a few months back on Geneve Jumpboot disk that booted 50% faster than a standard Geneve boot floppy.

      He will be missed.

      Chris Schneider

      From: mark wills <markrobertwills@...>
      Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:23:21 +0100 (BST)
      To: "ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com" <ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [TI-99/4A] Paolo Bagnaresi

      A message from Alessandro Betori today on the Atariage site today reports the sad loss of Paolo Bagnaresi:

      A sad news.
      Paolo Bagnaresi is dead after a long illness.
      I knew him personally:
      I remember his good human qualities
      and its fantastic skills on the TI99.
      Alessandro Betori

      Truly sad at the loss of this great coder, and true gentleman.

    • hjalmarii
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 7, 2013

         You are absolutely right, Berry.  We have lost a giant in the TI world.  It was a great pleasure to meet Paolo and and Maria at the Treff in Paderborn, a few years ago.  He was very easy to talk to, and extremely knowledgable about our machine.  They were planning on coming to the Faire a couple of years back, but then Paolo got sick and they cancelled their plans.  It would have been wonderful to have everyone here meet him.  He will be greatly missed.  --Hal

        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, <ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

         I have lost a dear TI friend. I met him several times, all over Europe and had the honour to write his biography for the TI99ers Hall of Fame. Go to http://www.ti99hof.org/bios/PaoloBagnaresi/PaoloBagnaresi.htm

        On the site of the Dutch TI Users Group (TI Gebruikersgroup)

        you will find two interviews with Paolo about his program TI99-PC. Click on 'The TIGG op uw buis'. The interview was taken during the European TI Treffen in Vienna.

        It is a great lost for his wife Maria and his family and friends. The international TI community lost an icon and a gentleman.

        Berry