Re: Can someone do this?

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 17, 2013
      What I did on my hard drive was to 'RENAME' the "Archie" program "Module"! Then when I wanted to run a E/A-5 Program Image file of one of the cartridges, I would run the "Module" program and then type in the name of the cartridge that was in "Archie" format when the menu asked for it!

      The reason why I chose this method was because TMS9000 directories were limited to only 127 'files' per directory and you could easily run out of directory space if the 'cartridges' were in pure E/A-5 Program Image format.

      This way you could have a sub-directory for games and another sub-directory for utility programs and since there were only around 225 total cartridges they could ALL be put into one of those two sub-directories under the Main Cartridge directory.

      I guess that using the nanoPEB the user would have to organize the 'cartridges' in E/A-5 Program Image format differently because of the limited disk space on each volume of only 360K of course the "Archie" format would still be the better way of saving disk space in this case too. Alphabetically probably would the better method in that case!

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" wrote:

      > Kevan;
      > The cartridges saved with the 'CSAVE' Program will ONLY work with
      > devices that use "GramKracker" files like the Myarc Geneve 9640, the
      > GramKracker, the P-Gram Card, and the Gramulator!
      > {Mike Riccio wrote a utility that could convert the GramKracker files
      > into E/A-5 files, however that program was with the PATIUG library and
      > was lost when the PATIUG Librarian retired to Florida and later pasted
      > away!}
      > There used to be a great many E/A-5 versions of the cartridges available
      > on this >SITE
      > <.
      > There used to be another site that had ALL of the cartridges in E/A-5
      > Program Image format, however that site was taken down several years ago
      > because the owner said it wasn't being accessed enough; also they were
      > all on the WHT site until whomever reorganized the site and took them
      > all down too!
      > If you can find a source of the E/A-5 Program Image files, then you
      > could 'be-in-business'!
      >

      > Eric
      >
      > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "kevan064" wrote:
      > >
      > > HELLO! That woke me up! Eric, those would be GOLD to many of us
      > SuperCart users... if they will load into a SuperCart. You just might
      > be sitting on the most popular TI-Library of 2013! Think they will work
      > with RAMit?
      > >
      > > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" eric-bray@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Very interesting!
      > > > I then converted all my cartridges to
      > > > GramKracker format using the 'CSAVE Program'.

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 18, 2013
        "CSAVE" saves the designated cartridge in GramKracker format!
        "Module Emulator" saves the designated cartridge in an E/A format!

        One of the poor features of "Module Emulator" was the fact that the program COULD NOT automatically scan the cartridge being copied to tell the user how GROMs & RAM chips there are in that cartridge; the program requires the user to enter that data.

        An EASY work around for 6000+ Module and SuperCart users that are trying to copy {with "Module Emulator"} their cartridges to disk, is to still have the cartridge to be copied in the 'widget' and and first run "CSAVE"!

        "CSAVE" will scan the cartridge that is to be copied and then indicate on the screen how many GROMs & RAMs are in that particular cartridge.  The user can write that information down and then use it when they run the "Module Emulator" program and it asks for the input of that data.

        So for all the users out there that DO NOT have access to a GRAM Device [GramKracker, Gramulator, P-Gram Card, or a Myarc Geneve 9640] but do have an Supercart and/or 6000+ Module and wish to copy their cartridges to disk with "Module Emulator" this is the way to overcome a flaw in the program.

      • kevan064
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 18, 2013
          This message looks full of good advice, thanks for the great post. I've saved it im my favorites and will come back to it as soon as I can. Unfortunately I have so much on my plate right now I just do not have the time to go hunting for the software at the moment, let alone learn how to use it. Sorry....