Re: [TI-99/4A] TEN (10) Nano-PEB's Available NOW!

  • Alexandre Souza
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hunf, I hadn't time even to see the auction :'(

      ---
      Enviado do meu Motorola PT550
      Meu site: http://www.tabalabs.com.br

        Here is your chance to get a Nano PEB! With this things, "If you
        snooze, you lose!">> HERE
        <http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4a-CompactFlash-Drive-RS232-Port-nanoPEB-\
        w-2gb-Apacer-/200938873875?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&has\
        > << is the link.

      • Gregory McGill

          Here is your chance to get a Nano PEB!  With this things, "If you
          snooze, you lose!">> HERE
          <http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4a-CompactFlash-Drive-RS232-Port-nanoPEB-\
          w-2gb-Apacer-/200938873875?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&has\

          >   << is the link.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              ti99-4a-digest@yahoogroups.com
              ti99-4a-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kevan064
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
            Do-Over, I love it! What? No RSS feed updates of the forum to your smart phone?
            Hey, with any luck Jamie will come out with another batch in a couple of months.

            I've been thinking of starting an ALERTS type of thread, that can let people know when something really hot is available. After all, we gotta stick together.

            --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Mark Martin <storycrafter@...> wrote:

            > I was on a mid-atlantic flight. Can I get a do-over?
            >

            > On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Alexandre Souza <
            > alexandre.tabajara@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hunf, I hadn't time even to see the auction :'(
            > >
            > > ---
            > > Enviado do meu Motorola PT550
            > > Meu site: http://www.tabalabs.com.br

          • Arthur F. Tyde III
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
              How can I get my hands on a SuperCart?  (or 2)  ... :)

              I've been building out my system to use as a database and so far it's been quite workable.  (although I have exceeded the amount of storage on a DS/DD image and am now using the simulated hard disk in Win994a).

              Thanks for the heads up on the NanoPEB!

              Cheers, Arthur...

              On 6/30/2013 10:26 PM, kevan064 wrote:

              You bought TWO?  Oh man, I hope the dude that just missed buying the last one does not read your post!! :))

              Congrats on your purchase!

              For me it's been interesting getting all my utilities and configuration locked in.  Of course Dano is making Super Carts now and that helped me as I'm up and running with my 4A DOS again!  Only one more purchase at the end of July..... an F18A!  (I sure hope Matthew has one available then).

              --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur F. Tyde III" wrote:

              > Wow - seemed like it started at 10. I bought 2 - so now I have one for
              > each of my consoles. The other 8 disappeared within the hour.
              >
              > On 6/30/2013 11:35 AM, kevan064 wrote:
              > >
              > > Here is your chance to get a Nano PEB! With this things, "If you
              > > snooze, you lose!"

              > > << is the link.

            • kevan064
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                Dan made mine, I just got it a couple of days ago. It's GREAT!
                Click on this link:

                .... just tell him that you would like to order one, or two.
              • Alexandre Souza
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                  >Hey, with any luck Jamie will come out with another batch in a couple of
                  >months.

                  Can I ask a stupid question?

                  If Jamie makes that nano-PEBs, it has demand (more people to buy than
                  units avaiable) and he gets full price before shipping, why not just start
                  another batch right now? :oP
                • kevan064
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                    It's not a stupid question. He might be starting a new batch now for all I know.

                    I get the "IMPRESSION" that he makes these in his spare time. I also get the "FEELING" that he likes to sell them all at once so he does not have to make multiple trips to the post office. It's what I'd do as gas is not cheap these days. Just imagine how little profit (if any) he is making off of these. The time involved to manufacture, test and then ship? A minimum wage job pays more I bet. So, imagine how 10 separate trips in the car to the post office, any profit left?

                    He is also VERY prompt on the shipping. I would not be the least bit surprised if they were all boxed up and ready to go with only a buyer needed so he could affix the label and ship.

                    --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre.tabajara@...> wrote:

                    > >Hey, with any luck Jamie will come out with another batch in a couple of
                    > >months.
                    >
                    > Can I ask a stupid question?
                    >
                    > If Jamie makes that nano-PEBs, it has demand (more people to buy than
                    > units avaiable) and he gets full price before shipping, why not just start
                    > another batch right now? :oP

                  • Eric
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                      Maybe he has other responsibilities like family, work, and/or church that are more pressing to him than making circuit boards for an obsolete computer. Making of the nano-PEB may be a relief for him from those other responsibilities.

                      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Alexandre Souza" <alexandre.tabajara@...> wrote:

                      > >Hey, with any luck Jamie will come out with another batch in a couple of
                      > >months.
                      >
                      > Can I ask a stupid question?
                      >
                      > If Jamie makes that nano-PEBs, it has demand (more people to buy than
                      > units avaiable) and he gets full price before shipping, why not just start
                      > another batch right now? :oP

                    • Tyler Van Tighem
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                        On 6/30/2013 8:26 AM, kevan064 wrote:
                        You bought TWO?  Oh man, I hope the dude that just missed buying the last one does not read your post!! :))

                        Hey there!!  --- saw one left, and went to purchase it.  But someone nabbed it by a click before me.  :-(   :'(

                      • kevan064
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 30, 2013
                          MAJOR BUMMER!
                            :D  Hopefully next time you'll be quicker!  :D

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 1, 2013
                            I think I got mine pretty early - but that's happened to me on eBay more times than I can count... :)