Re: [TI-99/4A] Cartridges and CRU?

  • kevan064
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26 3:45 PM
      It's a multi-bank Super Cartridge, auto-switching I believe. I heard somewhere that there are some incompatibilities because of the auto-switching aspect. I'm sure one of the experts will come on with a better answer than I.

      One alternative is:
      http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart_4bank.html

      If you decide to make one, I'll come up with a label for you that works around the switches.

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "gregallenwarner" <gregallenwarner@...> wrote:

      > Well, since I don't know what a SuperSpace cartridge is, it's pretty safe to say I don't have one! Incidentally, what IS a SuperSpace cartridge?
      >
      > -Greg W
    • gregallenwarner
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 26 8:45 PM
        Thanks for the info. I think then it'll be safe for me to ignore the CRU lines then, or at least just hook them up to one of the cartridge slots, so at the very least, if I ever find myself with a CRU-enabled cart, there will be one dedicated slot for it.

        I appreciate the help!

        Best regards,
        Greg W.

        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "kevan064" <kevan064@...> wrote:

        > It's a multi-bank Super Cartridge, auto-switching I believe. I heard somewhere that there are some incompatibilities because of the auto-switching aspect. I'm sure one of the experts will come on with a better answer than I.
        >
        > One alternative is:
        > http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart_4bank.html
        >
        > If you decide to make one, I'll come up with a label for you that works around the switches.
        >
        > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "gregallenwarner" <gregallenwarner@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Well, since I don't know what a SuperSpace cartridge is, it's pretty safe to say I don't have one! Incidentally, what IS a SuperSpace cartridge?
        > >
        > > -Greg W

      • hjalmarii
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 28 11:46 AM
          We can demonstrate my Super Space cartridge during the September CTIUG show on Ustreamtv.com,if I'm not at the Treff in Eindhoven. We are planning on going to Europe, if my wife gets better. We will demo the cart at some time at any rate.

          --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, tursi <yahoogroup@...> wrote:

          > > Well, since I don't know what a SuperSpace cartridge is, it's pretty
          > > safe to say I don't have one! Incidentally, what IS a SuperSpace
          > > cartridge?
          >
          > I've never seen one, but I'm told they have paged ROM and RAM, sort of
          > like a more advanced SuperCart - they use the CRU to do bank switching. I
          > added support to Classic99 for the paging a few years ago in order to port
          > TI Workshop (which used it) to work with Jon's 379-based cartridges.

        • gregallenwarner
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 28 11:55 AM
            That would be really excellent! I just recently started tuning into the CTIUG shows. Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff!
            -Greg W

            --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "hjalmarii" <hals12@...> wrote:

            > We can demonstrate my Super Space cartridge during the September CTIUG show on Ustreamtv.com,if I'm not at the Treff in Eindhoven. We are planning on going to Europe, if my wife gets better. We will demo the cart at some time at any rate.
            >
            > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, tursi <yahoogroup@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Well, since I don't know what a SuperSpace cartridge is, it's pretty
            > > > safe to say I don't have one! Incidentally, what IS a SuperSpace
            > > > cartridge?
            > >
            > > I've never seen one, but I'm told they have paged ROM and RAM, sort of
            > > like a more advanced SuperCart - they use the CRU to do bank switching. I
            > > added support to Classic99 for the paging a few years ago in order to port
            > > TI Workshop (which used it) to work with Jon's 379-based cartridges.

          • Jeff White
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9, 2013
              On 28 Jun 2013, at 14:46, "hjalmarii" <hals12@...> wrote:

              We can demonstrate my Super Space cartridge during the September CTIUG show on Ustreamtv.com,if I'm not at the Treff in Eindhoven. We are planning on going to Europe, if my wife gets better. We will demo the cart at some time at any rate.

              Hal, certainly we hope your wife gets better.

              My company -- I am one of the founding owners -- is opening up a location in Poznan, Poland, around September.  If I can time it right and fit in a vacation, I might be able to do the Austria meeting, Oktoberfest, and Eindhoven.  Poznan is about half-way between Berlin and Warsaw.

              From Poznan, it looks to be under 8 hours drive to Vienna or Eindhoven.

              Klaus, will the Austrian TI 99 Club be meeting on September 11 and October 9?

              Any other TI 99 events happening in Europe in September/October?

              I might be able to transport some items between America and Europe.

              Jeff White
            • Berry
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 11, 2013
                Hi Jeff,

                The Dutch TIUG (TI |Gebruikersgroep) will organize the next European TI Treffen on October, 4/5/6 at hotel Hampshire in Eindhoven.
                information on http://www.ti-99.nl

                The September meeting of the Dutch group will be on September, 21 in Utrecht. Address: Malakkastraat 6.

                The TI-UG-UK will celebrate their Annual General Meeting and having a workshop on August, 24 and 25 in Crewe (England)
                information on http://www.ti99ug.co.uk/events.htm

                For information about meetings in Vienna mail to Klaus Lukaschek.
                address: klaus.lukaschek@...

                See you soon! I am on Skype. Give me a call.

                Groeten uit Amsterdam,
                Berry Harmsen