Re: [TI-99/4A] Hidden Reef

  • Gregg Eshelman
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
      --- On Wed, 4/17/13, Owen Brand <owen.brand@...> wrote:

      > From: Owen Brand <owen.brand@...>
      > Subject: Re: [TI-99/4A] Hidden Reef
      > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 8:00 PM
      > I just have to say that the Pi is one
      > of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. I've been
      > looking at them for a couple weeks now and wow....  How
      > freakin cool is that thing?!?!

      How about the UDOO? It combines a Raspberry Pi with an Arduino on one board.
      http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/33986/
    • Insane Multitasker
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
        I replied to your AA request, Owen.  The game I sent you is on Heatwave's gameroom, so you can see how it runs and have the code handy at the same time.

        If a game can be run using PRINT/Call Key/input, it can be easily modified.  Since the S&T BBS has assembly routines to display text (DV80 and DF128) files natively, you don't even need to code that piece.

        If you want IBM graphics, you can embed them or create files using Funnelweb.

        If you want ANSI screen control, that can be done to an extent.  Play Reno Keno, which was written with ANSI control.  Just be sure you are in 80 columns ;)

        Later

      • Owen Brand
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
          Nah, standard characters and standard TI screen display parameters are all I need.  =)

          Thank you for your help, man... I kind of wish I had the Golf and Battleship games code to go along with the Werewolves code... Those two are much more in line with what I'm trying to accomplish.

          Thanks again, bud.  This is gonna be fun.

          Owen

          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
            The Werewolves' code is a bit more structured than the others when it comes to the XB subprograms.  Plus I don't have access at the moment to the other files. ;)

            To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
              Understood.  I'll use what you sent gladly.  Thanks again.  =)

              Owen

              To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
                Okay bud, here are the LINKs I found... I'm not asking for a breakdown of each, just wanted to post these on here for future reference.  =)  Some of these seem to be fairly self explanatory, but there are some I'll have to really run through the gauntlet to figure out.  Aside from the CALL LINKs to the subroutines, there are also some CALL LOADs in here, LOADing values to specific memory addresses... I'm assuming I'll be able to find the precise place in memory it is writing to and for what purpose, with a little work.

                Over all, it's a little more complex than I'd hoped for, but nothing too bad.  I'll need to figure out which LINK does what in the program and how to manipulate my program in order to fit the structure.

                Reverse engineering, in a way.  =)

                Owen

                2800 CALL LINK("HOTKEY","") :: CALL LINK("FORTY") :: CALL LINK("BCLEAR") :: CALL A(CHR$(12)&CHR$(26)&"~") :: RETURN

                2820 CALL LINK("SC",DFD$)

                2860 CALL LINK("SC",A$) :: IF ASC(A$)=1 THEN 3 ELSE 4

                2950 SUB D(A,B) :: A=0 :: CALL LOAD(-24576,3) :: CALL LINK("NUMIN",A$) :: IF LEN(A$)=0 THEN SUBEXIT ELSE IF A$=CHR$(1)THEN 3

                2990 SUB E(A$,A) :: CALL LOAD(-24576,15) :: CALL LINK("IN",A$) :: IF LEN(A$)=0 THEN A$="MANIAC" ELSE IF A$=CHR$(1)THEN 3

                3010 SUB F(A$) :: CALL LINK("PRINTX",A$) :: IF A$=CHR$(1)THEN 3

                10080 SUB DI(A$,A) :: CALL LINK("DISP",A$,A) :: SUBEND

                Owen

                To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
                  ftp://whtech.com/communications/bbs/

                  Download the "snt" (S&T) disk image.  The docs are probably in a subdirectory, which can be accessed via some of the tools like Fred's TI IMAGE.

                  To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

                  To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 18, 2013
                    I have TI99 Dir... I'm going to try that out when I get home... Can't do much here at work.

                    Thanks alot!  =)

                    Owen

                    To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

                    To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com