Re: [TI-99/4A] Myarc 512k MEXP-1 power

  • Dano
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      I believe it's 9vdc, positive on the tip, ground at the base.  I ordered a 9vdc/1amp AC adapter for mine and used a radio shack plug (I think it was P/N 274-289).

      -Dano

      "Long Live the TI-99/4A!"

      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Chris and Veronica Schneider <c.v.schneider@...> wrote:

      All,

      Looks like I may have a Myarc 512k MEXP-1 card that has been modified to take en external power adapter to power the RAM chips.

      Does anyone know the voltage that this power plug is set for on this card?  It just like all the other MEXP-1 cards, but I cannot find it in the manual or anywhere of what voltage to supply.  I have a universal DC power adapter that will work from 1 to 12 vDC.  But I don't want to supply the wrong amount.  I'm thinking maybe 3vDC, but I do not know.

      Chris

    • Harley Harlingten
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013

        Hi,
        I happen to have one of the Myarc 512 cards, on the rear there is a jack to plug in the power. When I bought it at a TI computer show, people were there from Myarc and they did say that they had planned to have that as a feature but it was unstable and therefore no support for it. I am sorry I dont remember the voltage but when I had first used the card with a power suppy it would not hold the data more than 2-3 days after that it would get scrambled up. If you find what the voltages are, please let me know, I would like to try it again.

        Harley

        TI's Forever.

        To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
          I got another reply from another TI User (Dano), he said he uses his consistently with a 9vdc power adapter.  (+ on the tip).

          Chris

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013

            Yes I know Dano, I am going to see if it will maintain stability. Its a great non published feature.

            Harley

            "Long live the TI"

            To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
            From: c.v.schneider@...
            Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 12:34:33 -0600

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 5, 2013
              Dano,

               I have a TI problem and I want to discuss off the user emails. I remember you were getting a new email address, please send it.

              Harley

              TI's forever

              Fall signature

              To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com