Re: update web site gamecast Entertainment

  • frngth_poiuyt
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2012
      I downloaded TUNNEL and it seems nice. It's always good to have new TI software, but I'm stuck right away:

      on the first screen, how do you go down further? I gather a couple treasures, but then there are monsters and the only open path is blocked with bricks.

      Are ESDX the only keys...can I fire a weapon?

      Also...why is line 840 "REM"ed-out?

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, AGsoftware <agsoftware.info@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > update web site gamecast Entertainment
      >
      > with SHOP for PC videogames for this time.
      >
      > Link: http://www.gamecastentertainment.com
      >
      > Best Regards
      > AG. ^_^

    • kabldb
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2012
        He was active over at AtariAge in the TI Forum for a few months last year. The level maps get messed up when posted as code (number of space characters decreases). With a few corrections and the V0.9 became playable as a TIFILES download. He then posted V1.1 as code (messed up again), got no feedback, and stopped visiting there. Anyway, below is what the first level should look like. You'd be able to avoid the monsters and get the key, so you could exit and move to the next level. Nice little game. No weapon as far as I know.

        http://www.gamecast.altervista.org/download/ti994a.htm
        http://www.gamecast.altervista.org/game_images/tunnel2.bmp

        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "frngth_poiuyt" <nairbrian@...> wrote:

        > I downloaded TUNNEL and it seems nice. It's always good to have new TI software, but I'm stuck right away:
        >
        > on the first screen, how do you go down further? I gather a couple treasures, but then there are monsters and the only open path is blocked with bricks.
        >
        > Are ESDX the only keys...can I fire a weapon?
        >
        > Also...why is line 840 "REM"ed-out?
        >
        > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, AGsoftware <agsoftware.info@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > update web site gamecast Entertainment
        > >
        > > with SHOP for PC videogames for this time.
        > >
        > > Link: http://www.gamecastentertainment.com
        > >
        > > Best Regards
        > > AG. ^_^

      • Gregg Eshelman
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2012
          Some forums will automatically reduce all strings of spaces to a single space, even when between the [code] [/code] bbcode brackets.

          He was active over at AtariAge in the TI Forum for a few months last year. The level maps gets messed up when posted as code (number of space characters decreases). With a few corrections and the V0.9 became playable as a TIFILES download. He then posted V1.1 as code (messed up again), got no feedback, and stopped visiting there. Anyway, below is what the first level should look like. You'd be able to avoid the monsters and get the key, so you could exit and move to the next level. Nice little game. No weapon as far as I know.

          http://www.gamecast.altervista.org/download/ti994a.htm
          http://www.gamecast.altervista.org/game_images/tunnel2.bmp

        • wmaalouli
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9, 2012
            Yup, looks like it's buggy... Nice graphics though.

            Walid

            --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "frngth_poiuyt" <nairbrian@...> wrote:

            > I downloaded TUNNEL and it seems nice. It's always good to have new TI software, but I'm stuck right away:
            >
            > on the first screen, how do you go down further? I gather a couple treasures, but then there are monsters and the only open path is blocked with bricks.
            >
            > Are ESDX the only keys...can I fire a weapon?
            >
            > Also...why is line 840 "REM"ed-out?
            >
            > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, AGsoftware <agsoftware.info@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > update web site gamecast Entertainment
            > >
            > > with SHOP for PC videogames for this time.
            > >
            > > Link: http://www.gamecastentertainment.com
            > >
            > > Best Regards
            > > AG. ^_^

          • Gregg Eshelman
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 9, 2012
              If the code, with spaces un-fouled up by the forum software, could be uploaded somewhere, then others could add features. Any forum where people can post program code needs to set the forum software to NOT automatically "fix" things like reducing all instances of two or more spaces to a single space, especially when using BBcode's [code] and [/code] to display whatever's between in a monospace font.

              Yup, looks like it's buggy... Nice graphics though.

              Walid

              --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "frngth_poiuyt" <nairbrian@...> wrote:

              > I downloaded TUNNEL and it seems nice. It's always good to have new TI software, but I'm stuck right away:
              >
              > on the first screen, how do you go down further? I gather a couple treasures, but then there are monsters and the only open path is blocked with bricks.
              >
              > Are ESDX the only keys...can I fire a weapon?
              >
              > Also...why is line 840 "REM"ed-out?
              >
              > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, AGsoftware <agsoftware.info@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > update web site gamecast Entertainment
              > >
              > > with SHOP for PC videogames for this time.
              > >
              > > Link: http://www.gamecastentertainment.com
              > >
              > > Best Regards
              > > AG. ^_^

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  ti99-4a-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  ti99-4a-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • kabldb
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 9, 2012
                The code (source) is available within the zip as a text file - spaces un-fouled, all strings nicely with 28 characters each, but still, not playable, messed up somewhere along the line.

                http://www.gamecast.altervista.org/download/TUNNEL%20v.1.2.zip

                I guess someone could relatively easy fix the first 5 (out of the 8) levels, since the correct levels are on display.

                --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Gregg Eshelman <g_alan_e@...> wrote:

                > If the code, with spaces un-fouled up by the forum software, could be uploaded somewhere, then others could add features. Any forum where people can post program code needs to set the forum software to NOT automatically "fix" things like reducing all instances of two or more spaces to a single space, especially when using BBcode's [code] and [/code] to display whatever's between in a monospace font.
                >

                > >________________________________

              • kabldb
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 10, 2012
                  Besides the server side of it, I think the client side can also cause some confusion. Be it operating system, HTML rendering, clipboard features, viewing and editing software. Sometimes one or more elements try to be "friendly", jump the fence (lazy) or assume this and that.

                  --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Gregg Eshelman <g_alan_e@...> wrote:

                  > Any forum where people can post program code needs to set the forum
                  > software to NOT automatically "fix" things like reducing all
                  > instances of two or more spaces to a single space, especially when
                  > using BBcode's [code] and [/code] to display whatever's between in
                  > a monospace font.

                • BobK
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 10, 2012
                    Correction- Everywhere I say Screen I should have said Level :-(

                    If anyone has the urge to mess with this program I have found that if you print out the program then go to go to line 1400:
                    1400 RESTORE 1450
                    and change it to read:
                    1400 RESTORE 2000
                    You will start on the second screen and you don't have to play the first screen to get to the second and so on and so on.

                    1400 RESTORE 2280 start on the Third Screen
                    2520 " " " " "Fourth Screen
                    2860 Fifth Screen
                    3140 Sixth Screen
                    3420 Seventh Screen
                    3700 Eighth Screen
                    I admit it takes some doing to figure out what has to be moved which way but it can be done. The first two screen are the most messed up.

                    #4 Looks like it is OK but I only looked quickly.

                    If you do a screen dump it makes it easier to compare the screens, I have been doing a ASCII dump and a Graphics dump so I can find the correct lines in the printout.
                    If it helps anyone, on the first screen printout
                    1480 , 1500, and 1540 re the lines that have mistakes

                    Level 2 I lost my notes

                    Level 3
                    2310, 2330, 2370, 2400, 2430, 2440, 2460

                    Level 4
                    Seems to be OK
                    Have Fun
                    Bob K.