Re: [TI-99/4A] [OT] Dual Layer DVD question

  • Gregg Eshelman
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2011
      Record to a disk image, usually an ISO, the use a virtual drive program to mount it and see how it plays.

      Then you burn the image to your dual layer DVD

      From: Dano
      Date: 10/31/11 16:30:39

      I would recommend using a virtual drive for your testing over a DVD-RW.  That way you can create an image on your HDD, test it, get your overall size/time, and if everything looks good burn it to the final DVD-R.  If your going to have corruption it will be with the burning process.

      Virtual Drive is one example of a virtual image handling program.  There are many others and quite a few burning programs now have virtual image support built in.

      -Dano

      On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Tom Wills <tom.wills@...> wrote:

      Actually I wasn't planning on leaving whatever I do transfer from a VHS tape to a RW DVD on that DVD. Just after I am satisfied with the transfer, then I'll copy it to a DL DVD write once disc. The trouble with tapes, you can't be 100% sure of how long the recording really is, no matter what they say. I just did one that say 100 minutes, but it was more like 107 minutes. Go figure. And when I have tapes of movies well over 2 hours, well, I think you get the idea.

      Tom