Re: [TI994A] 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Announcement

  • Tursi
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
      >TI-99/4A Software: Mike Brent (Tursi)

      Thank you to everyone who thought me worthy of something like this award,
      I'm pleased and a little embarrassed. I hope some of my code has helped
      someone enjoy their hobby a little bit at least once in a while! :) I'm
      thrilled to see the attention our little machine is getting in the last
      couple of years, with amazing stuff to come soon that will help these
      machines into the future!

      I remember back when Texaments started a little program to try and make sure
      the TI had software up till at least the year 2000. I don't actually know
      how well that program went, but here we are at 2011 and there is still new
      things to see!

      Also my sincere congratulations to Jaime, Filip, Terrie and Tim!
    • killroy732000
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2011
        Dear fellow TI99ers,

        I just want to say thank you.
        Receiving the TI-99/4A Community Service is something I really did not expect and which I'm very honoured about.
        The people who know me well, know that I don't like to be in the middle of things. So it's even more of a surprise.
        To be honest I was a lurker in this group for a long time before I even started posting.
        From there on things moved rather quickly and so came the idea for reaching out to "new" TI99'ers via Atariage.

        Atariage was a rather controversal step and perhaps today still is.
        But the last 18 months have shown that the communities can exist
        next to each other, each playing its own important role.
        I know quite a few Atariage members who have joined the TI-99(/)4A groups.
        And I've also seen some die-hard Yahoo! TI-99/4A group members I thought I'd never see on Atariage ;-)

        The recent hardware & software developments show we can all benefit from that.

        What I'm trying to say, is that each and everyone can contribute to the TI-99/4A community in one way or another.
        As a programmer, hardware guy, TI-99/4A user, gamer, ....

        So don't be afraid to speak up, because there's nothing to lose and *you* do make a difference.

        Last but not least my congratulations to Tursi, Jaime, Terrie and Tim.

        It's an honour to be a part of the wonderful TI-99/4A community.

        Filip (retroclouds)

        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, gbbasics@... wrote:

        > Dear TI99ers,
        >
        > It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
        > following
        > recipients of the 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.
        >
        > TI-99/4A Software: Mike Brent (Tursi)
        >
        > TI-99/4A Hardware: Jaime Malilong
        >
        > TI-99/4A Community Service: Filip Van Vooren
        >
        > Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
        > dedication
        > to and for the TI99 community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
        > presentation of the 2011 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to
        > Terrie Masters and Tim Tesch.
        >
        > Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
        > awards,
        > and thanks to all who participated.
        >
        > I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
        > either
        > a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
        > respective
        > award certificates. This information can be sent to me at
        > GBBasics@... or
        > to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942
        >
        > Respectfully,
        > Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
        > Jim Peterson Achievement Awards

      • computerclassics2000
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2011
          Congratulations to Filip, Jaime, Mike, Terrie and Tim. A great award for great contributors to our community.

          Thanks also to Glenn Bernasek for volunteering to manage the JPA Awards every year.

          Your collective efforts and continued support are truly appreciated.

          BillG

        • tom.wills@cox.net
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2011

            Congratulations to Mike, Jaime, Filip, Terrie and Tim! You are all very deserving of this award.

            Even though not every one could win, all were equally deserving of being nominated.

            Tom Wills
            Tucson, AZ
            Moderator

            It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the following
            recipients of the 2011 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

            TI-99/4A Software:
            Mike Brent (Tursi)

          • swim4home@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2011
              Congratulations to all JPA recipients. The TI lives on because of all you do!  :)
            • fdos
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2011
                Likewise from me guys. Super job and good stuff for our hobby community.

                Bill S

                --
                Bill R Sullivan (FDOS)
                Go Forth+ or X4th99
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                  Let me add my congratulations to all the JPA winners. --Hal
                • Insane Multitasker
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                    It is both a surprise and an honor to be recognized among JPA recipients within the TI community. Indeed, the community is what makes this hobby so fun and exciting.  Whether you are a lurker, a writer of tomes, or somewhere in between, you can enjoy it all the same.  Fantastic.

                    Thank you.

                    Tim

                    To: TI994A@yahoogroups.com; ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com; tom@...

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 8, 2011
                      Congrats Mike, Jaime, Filip, Terrie, and Tim!

                      Jon