[ti-99/4a] Re: haven't received any messages

  • Tom Wills
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2000
      At 12:36 PM 2/2/00 -0800, you wrote:
      >I haven't received any messages from ti99-4a at egroups. I was getting
      >them up til a 3 or 4 days ago now i'm not receiving them. I don't know
      >why?

      John,

      I have no idea. Your set up correctly. However, the internet has had some
      real problems the last few days. One of the main trunks went down with
      hardware problems. That might explain some of it.

      Tom

      * Tom Wills - TI-99/4A On-Line UG Moderator
      * Tom@... or twills@...
      * http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a/info.html
    • Tom Wills
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19, 2000
        Jerry,

        I think it has been cleared up. See how it is now.

        Tom

        At 05:29 PM 2/19/00 -0800, you wrote:

        >Tom Wills:
        >
        >Now I seem to have the same problem John complained
        >about in the message below.
        {snip}
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19, 2000
          At 05:29 PM 2/19/00 -0800, you wrote:
          {snip}

          >In my case nothing has come through from ti99/4a since
          >Feb 9. My son's Boy Scout troup also uses egroups and
          >those are coming through fine. I hope being listed in more
          >than one group doesn't cause a problem.
          >
          > Jerry
          >
          >Jerry L. Coffey, PhD. Mathematical Statistician
          >jlcoffey@... (no longer comm-plus.net)
          {snip}

          Jerry,

          Your address was bouncing emails, so egroups.com set you to "permanently
          bouncing." I went into you account and reset the bouncing status and then
          set your email reading to Web Only. Looks like you need to go into your
          profile and reset your email address.

          I do this with everyone who is bouncing emails. You'd be surprised how many
          do it.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2000
            Jerry,

            I have no explanation as to why the lack of e-mail. Everything seems
            Correct as far as I can see and as far as I know, you are the only one with
            this problem. Have you checked with your ISP? I'm not trying to pass the
            buck, but I have no answer.

            Tom

            At 10:35 PM 2/24/00 -0500, you wrote:

            >Well Tom --
            >
            >It is now February 24 and the only message that
            >has come through from egroups.com/ti99-4a
            >since February 9 is the one below.
            >
            >As you say, the internet may be acting strangely,
            >but it seems to me that the performance of egroups
            >is certainly part of MY current problem.
            >
            >I have been getting email from all over the country
            >for one of my advisory committees, from Congressional
            >staff, and from my Boy Scout Troup served by
            >EGROUPS.COM. Yet egroups still apparently shows
            >my fully functional email address as "permanently
            >bouncing" ti99-4a mail at the same time egroups is
            >sending Boy Scout email to that same address almost
            >every day.
            >
            >I have sent two messages to egroups with no response.
            >
            >Perhaps they are miffed that I sent both comments as
            >"Bug Reports" concerning the apparent "false bounces"
            >that caused the problem. But they didn't have a category
            >for complaints about poor service, so I didn't know where
            >else to send it.
            >
            >Can anything be done about this? I am afraid to
            >experiment lest they screw up my Boy Scout
            >subscription as well.
            >
            >HELP!
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            >Jerry L. Coffey, PhD. Mathematical Statistician
            >jlcoffey@... (no longer comm-plus.net)
            >
            >----------
            > > At 05:29 PM 2/19/00 -0800, you wrote:
            > > {snip}
            > >
            > > >In my case nothing has come through from ti99/4a since
            > > >Feb 9. My son's Boy Scout troup also uses egroups and
            > > >those are coming through fine. I hope being listed in more
            > > >than one group doesn't cause a problem.
            > > >
            > > > Jerry
            > > >
            > > >Jerry L. Coffey, PhD. Mathematical Statistician
            > > >jlcoffey@... (no longer comm-plus.net)
            > > {snip}
            > >
            > > Jerry,
            > >
            > > Your address was bouncing emails, so egroups.com set you to "permanently
            > > bouncing." I went into you account and reset the bouncing status and then
            > > set your email reading to Web Only. Looks like you need to go into your
            > > profile and reset your email address.
            > >
            > > I do this with everyone who is bouncing emails. You'd be surprised how
            >many
            > > do it.
            > >
            > > Tom
            {snip}
            * Tom Wills - TI-99/4A On-Line UG Moderator
            * Tom@... or twills@...
            * http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a/info.html
          • Jerry Coffey
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2000
              Tom --

              I guess you saw the email from Marc and my reply. I may have mentioned
              "ti99-4a" in one of my calls to this isp, but I never imagined the
              chief engineer would go surfing for evidence of the problem.

              Anyway, with some guesswork (the "help" files here seem a couple of
              versions behind), I finally found the settings and it was still on
              "Web-Only" -- which I fixed.

              I am still convinced that the "egroups" management software that deals
              with "bounces" (or perhaps email errors generally) is BUGGY. I hope
              they will pursue the leads I left in my messages. And since you will
              have to deal with the consequences more than the rest of us, I urge you
              to be alert for other glitches.

              Now to go see if this posts as email to ME??!!

              Jerry

              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a/?start=1276

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2000
                Jerry,

                You were set to web only??? I could have sworn it was set to regular email.
                Let's hope it works now.

                Tom

                At 12:02 PM 2/25/00 -0800, you wrote:

                >Tom --
                >
                >I guess you saw the email from Marc and my reply. I may have mentioned
                >"ti99-4a" in one of my calls to this isp, but I never imagined the
                >chief engineer would go surfing for evidence of the problem.
                >
                >Anyway, with some guesswork (the "help" files here seem a couple of
                >versions behind), I finally found the settings and it was still on
                >"Web-Only" -- which I fixed.
                >
                >I am still convinced that the "egroups" management software that deals
                >with "bounces" (or perhaps email errors generally) is BUGGY. I hope
                >they will pursue the leads I left in my messages. And since you will
                >have to deal with the consequences more than the rest of us, I urge you
                >to be alert for other glitches.
                >
                >Now to go see if this posts as email to ME??!!
                >
                > Jerry
                >

                >tom wills <to-@...> wrote:
                >original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a/?start=1276
                > > Jerry,
                > >
                > > I have no explanation as to why the lack of e-mail. Everything seems
                > > Correct as far as I can see and as far as I know, you are the only
                >one with
                > > this problem. Have you checked with your ISP? I'm not trying to pass
                >the
                > > buck, but I have no answer.
                > >
                > > Tom
                > >
                > > At 10:35 PM 2/24/00 -0500, you wrote:

                >eGroups.com Home:
                ><http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a>http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a
                >www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

                "As many of you know, I was very instrumental in the
                founding of the Internet."

                Vice President Al Gore to Katie Couric, March, 1999