Re: More 64K bank swith boards available

  • Matthew
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 1, 2010
      Urbite,

      Sorry I missed your post, I have been absent from the list for a while.

      The FPGA-Arcade site is one of the reasons I got the Xilinx devboard. :-) Initially I was using the 9918A VHDL from the Coleco SoC, and I was hoping to just adapt and modify it.

      The problem with the 9918A code on FPGA-Arcade is that it models the original design, including the original 10MHz clock. While that is good for reproducing the original functionality, I discovered it was a problem for what I wanted to do, i.e. add enhancements like allowing all 32 sprites on the same horizontal line. Also, that VHDL does things I was unable to get away with due to running at 100MHz vs. 10MHz (too much propagation delay in the way they did their implementation.)

      I'm not sure if/when I'll open source the code, but I'm happy to send you the VHDL to take a look at. I'll send you a private email and get you some code. :-)

      Matthew