Re: [TI-99/4A] OT: Happy October 3rd

  • mark wills
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
      Indeed.

      On a flight back from Uzbekistan, I was reading a book on European history. I can't remember the name of it now.

      The book (written by an Englishman) went into minute detail on the German Reparations and the price we (the Britain and France inparticular).

      WWI was stupid, yes, but man, we really crucified Germany with the reparations. I had no idea of the scale of the financial penalty.

      The restrictions we placed on Germany were, frankly, inhumane. I was ashamed of what was done 'in my name' (though I wasn't born at the time).

      Not many people know of the stories of German civilian women and children starving and freezing to death. The Germans paid a terrible price. It was no wonder that the terrible revenge we took on Germany would fan the flames of German Nationalism, and lead to the 3rd Reich and WWII.

      Peace to all.

      Mark