TI Treff 25, 2010

  • kabldb
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      Are there any reports, photos or videos anywhere ?

      :-)
    • mark wills
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        Of the UK Treff?

        I did a presentation and little demo of TurboForth... Just over 1 hour. I
        video'd it with my video camera. Trouble is, the video file 2GB - there is
        nowhere I can upload it as far as I know... YouTube only allows videos max 15
        minutes...

        I could upload it youtube in chunks, but I need some software tool to split the
        video file into overlapping chunks...

        :-(

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          Did the Geneve 2 make an appearance?

          you could split the video with hjspilt or your favorite rar program and
          upload it to rapidshare, hotfile, etc.

          Dan

          > I did a presentation and little demo of TurboForth... Just over 1 hour. I
          > video'd it with my video camera. Trouble is, the video file 2GB - there is
          > nowhere I can upload it as far as I know... YouTube only allows videos max
          > 15
          > minutes...
          >
          > I could upload it youtube in chunks, but I need some software tool to
          > split the
          > video file into overlapping chunks...
          >
          > :-(
        • kabldb
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
            Yep, UK.

            wetransfer.com allows 2GB

            :-)

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              Finally managed to upload it to YouTube...

              http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E79188BBF51038BC
            • Peter Killick
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                Many thanks Mark. Most of your presentation went way over my skill level, but I can see that a lot of hard work is coming together for you.

                Well done!

                Peter

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                  Thanks Peter,

                  Yes, it's coming together now... Nearly there. Then it's on with the you-know-what!

                  Mark

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2010

                    > Finally managed to upload it to YouTube...
                    >
                    > http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E79188BBF51038BC

                    Thank you. Very nice presentation. Impressive product.

                    :-)
                  • Richard Twyning
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 8, 2010
                      Sorry I haven't made a post about the Treff.

                      Still struggling to find a new job :-(

                      On a work trial this week, not sure it's going very well though.

                      I decided to record the Treff on my wife's sodding NIKON camera and it's a completely alien format to any program I've tried to view or convert the files! Not helped by my memory card having problems.

                      I'm also disappointed I've not heard from Roger Monk. I sent him a big thank you email for his attendance at the Treff and also asked about the AGM taking place at Texas Instruments in Northampton next summer.

                      I did a presentation and little demo of TurboForth... Just over 1 hour. I
                      video'd it with my video camera. Trouble is, the video file 2GB - there is
                      nowhere I can upload it as far as I know... YouTube only allows videos max 15
                      minutes...

                      I could upload it youtube in chunks, but I need some software tool to split the
                      video file into overlapping chunks...

                      :-(

                      > Are there any reports, photos or videos anywhere ?
                      >
                      > :-)
                      >

                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > For users/owners of TI-99/4A Geneve 9640 computers everywhere!
                      > Visit the TI99'ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org/.
                      > Check out the TI99ers On-Line User Group at http://www.ti99ers.org/.
                      > Send abuse reports to abuse@...! Groups Links

                      ------------------------------------

                      For users/owners of TI-99/4A Geneve 9640 computers everywhere!
                      Visit the TI99'ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org/.
                      Check out the TI99ers On-Line User Group at http://www.ti99ers.org/.
                      Send abuse reports to abuse@...! Groups Links

                    • Postle
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 8, 2010
                        Richard,

                        Your TI efforts are commendable. Your task, job search, is a large one. I have two sons currently out of work. Been so for awhile. Good Luck.

                        Postle

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 8, 2010
                          any news about the Geneve 2?
                          thanks