[ti-99/4a] Re: A: Fake Cartridges - If they work, how canthey be fake?

  • michael.becker@man.adtranz.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      I do not know, if Don will continue this project. In the beginning of the
      SCSI-"fixing" of the Lattice-PLD he sent me the schematics of his GROMOR too. I
      could not find any mistage in his design, but I am affraid his developing tool
      was not the best for this device. In the meantime I am using the original tool
      offered by Lattice, what I've got for the use on the SCSI-Rev. "G" PLD. If the
      project is actual, I can have a look again with the newest release.

      His idea how to realize the chip was absolutely correct! If Don has not the time
      to do (like SCSI-project) we have to aks him if I can continue that work (maybe
      with Richard Bell?).

      Michael

      P.S:
      It will become a "narrow" HSGPL, with one page only.

      dlormand@... (DAVID L. ORMAND) am 31.01.2000 17:10:12
      Routing info..

      Bitte antworten an ti99-4a@egroups.com

      An: ti99-4a@egroups.com
      Kopie: (Blindkopie: Michael Becker/MAN/DEAHE/ABB)
      Thema: [ti-99/4a] Re: Fake Cartridges - If they work, how canthey be fake?

      >cartridge of some of my software for users without a gram device. A
      >cartridge
      >with Extended Basic v2.5 and some of the stuff from my Pgram utilities disk
      >would be very useful. I'd correct those nasty Grom 0 bugs, too.
      >If it could be made inexpensively, I'd offer it at cost to
      >anyone who wants it. Probably wouldn't be a lot of takers at this point, but
      >if
      >a few people were interested, the idea is to provide them with something
      >to keep them using their TI and make it a little easier to use.

      This brings up a subject that I'm almost afraid to talk about... but might as
      well.

      A few years back - the San Jose Fest West, to be specific - Competition
      Computers and Western Horizon Technology announced they were working
      together to bring out a "super cartridge" with GOBS of emulated GROM,
      officially for RXB but potentially for much, much more. Then Don ran
      into difficulties with the gate array, and the whole project languished
      into obscurity.

      But now that Don (and Michael) have SCSI just about whipped into shape
      (and I keep hearing these promises that "SCSI cards will be shipped this
      week"), I figure he/they have enough experience with the Lattice gate arrays
      and tools that maybe the "super cartridge" is a possibility. I also believe
      I remember somebody saying they had empty cartridge cases available for use -
      maybe to be stuffed with "super cartridge" guts.

      Don: Comment?

      Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
      You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
      up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/332/2/_/249521/_/949335144/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ti99-4a&m=1
    • Swim4home@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        Yes Michael, I hope we can get the SCSI project back on track and start
        shipping new cards to folks who need them. First we need Don to announce that
        he is sending me all the inventory and formally notify the community. I look
        foward to serving the community and working with you. :-)
      • EICHER@delphi.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
          Speaking for myself, I'd like to have a cart with DM2, E/A, Diagnostics, Corcomp
          Diags etc...

          d.