Chicago TI Faire

  • wmaalouli
    Message 1 of 23 , May 2, 2010
      Is there a date and location set for this year's Chicago Faire? I need to start planning :)

      Walid
    • Owen Brand
      Message 2 of 23 , May 2, 2010
        Hey Walid--- check out the SSGC thread on atariage--- the manual for this compendium is looking GREAT!

        Owen Brand

               **webmaster**

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 26, 2010
          I probably missed the announcement as I have not logged on for months, but when is the next Faire and is it still at the Library?

          Walid
        • hjalmarii
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 27, 2010
            Walid, it is November 6 weekend, and it is still at the library.--Hal

            --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "wmaalouli" <wmaalouli@...> wrote:

            > I probably missed the announcement as I have not logged on for months, but when is the next Faire and is it still at the Library?
            >
            > Walid

          • njerd
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 3, 2013
              Is there any status on plans for the Chicago TI Faire? I assume it will still be in early November which is only a month away. Need info to plan.

              Joel Gerdeen
            • Jeff White
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 3, 2013
                It will be at the Evanston, IL, public library on Saturday, November 2.  On Friday night, there will likely be a get together at a local restaurant, pub, American Legion.  After the faire at dinner, judging of websites and awarding of the Rob Tempelmans Plat award will occur by those present.  The John Birdwell award is typically announced and presented.

                After these festivities, the pub crawl happens.  A few people are lost and found along the way. Between midnight and 6am the crawl ends.

                Conveniently we forget everything we would otherwise deny, but the pictures and web-posts made during the day entertain for years to come.

                Jeff White

                On 03 Oct 2013, at 10:14, njerd <njd@...> wrote:

                Is there any status on plans for the Chicago TI Faire? I assume it will still be in early November which is only a month away. Need info to plan.

                Joel Gerdeen

              • venedocia.geo

                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 8, 2013
                    What about vendors/sales? Does anyone bring items to swap or sell? Will there be any demos or presentations?
                  • THEODORE ZYCHOWICZ
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 8, 2013
                      Yes to all if I am right.

                           Ted Z

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 9, 2013
                        Unfortunately, I will miss the faire this year.  I head to Europe this Saturday and not scheduled to return until mid-November.  The TI Treffen happened this past weekend, so I missed that, too.

                        Jeff White

                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 29, 2013

                              On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Jeff White <ti994a@...> wrote:

                              It will be at the Evanston, IL, public library on Saturday, November 2.  On Friday night, there will likely be a get together at a local restaurant, pub, American Legion.  After the faire at dinner, judging of websites and awarding of the Rob Tempelmans Plat award will occur by those present.  The John Birdwell award is typically announced and presented.

                              After these festivities, the pub crawl happens.  A few people are lost and found along the way. Between midnight and 6am the crawl ends.

                              Last minute business travel plans and I will be out of country this weekend, missing my first chance to attend. Will anyone be bringing items to sell? If so, would you please kindly contact me off list?  I may ask my wife to go in my stead or perhaps work out some other sort of arrangement.
                            • hjalmarii