Re: [ti-99/4a] Editing Jim Peterson Award Nominations

  • Ken.9640@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Glenn, you have a nomination in the wrong category: Bob Carmany
      for Myarc FDC EPROMS! It should be under "TI-99/4A Hardware!" SNUG
      cards are NOT "TI-made" cards, yet they are classified under "TI-99/4A
      Hardware." Will we have a "SNUG Hardware" category? The Myarc FDC (as
      well as HFDC) are totally 99/4A compatible (although the HFDC can do
      1.44MB on a Geneve - nothing to do with ANY EPROM mods available).

      Myarc, Geneve 9640... should be Myarc "Geneve" 9640 - period!
      The category is combined for software and hardware - related SPECIFICALLY
      for the "Geneve" computer. The EPROM mods done to ANY Myarc disk
      controller, has as much effect on a 99/4A, as it does on a Geneve (if it
      is the HFDC and has the DSR "paged-in").

      It is not my intent to undermine Bob Carmany's nomination, nor
      his work... as it is well-appreciated, but burning EPROMS for disk
      controllers puts him in the "general" 99/4A hardware category! Please
      get this corrected before you call for votes. Thank you!

      - Ken

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Michael Becker
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        ???????????????????????????????
        The cards from the SNUG are MADE FOR the TI99, not for GENEVE, so it's in the
        correct category, TI99 hardware like all other third-party products (like WHT's
        SCSI cards, upgraded by Richard Bell and me).

        introducing a SNUG category will have less sense.....{grin}
        who should win this new category except ME?????? ---> sense less!

        {VBG}
        Michael

        (Embedded Ken.9640@...
        image 01.12.2000 09:24
        moved to
        file:
        pic24785.p
        cx)
        Routing
        info..

        Please respond to ti99-4a@egroups.com

        To: ti99-4a@egroups.com
        cc: (bcc: Michael Becker/DE/Adtranz)

        Security Level:? Internal

        Subject: Re: [ti-99/4a] Editing Jim Peterson Award Nominations

        <SNIP>

      • gbbasics@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
          Ken,

          Thank you for your observations and comments.

          First, we do not determine nominee categories. Nominators do that.

          Second, all categories are general in nature. The Jim Peterson Achievement
          Awards are set up to recognize individuals and/or groups who contribute or
          have contributed outstandingly to the TI community within a given category.
          (Please refer to the Jim Peterson Achievement Award history and definitions
          posted in the Files Section of the OLUG.)

          Once again Ken, thank you for your input.

          Glenn

          PS. This is to all members of the OLUG. Please send all replies, comments
          and suggestions DIRECTLY to me at: GBBasics@.... Thank you.

        • Tom Wills
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
            Glen,

            That's okay. By the time all is said and done, at least everyone will be
            aware of the nominees and the upcoming vote. ;-)

            Tom

            At 12:55 AM 12/1/00 -0500, you wrote:
            >Dear TIers,
            >
            >Please forgive the multiple E-mailings of this message. It just occurred to
            >me that AOL 6.0 transmits E-mail in HTML format. E-groups has a difficult
            >time translating everything in HTML E-mail. Luckily I kept AOL 5.0 in my
            >system. This latest and final attempt (See below.) is being sent via AOL 5.0
            >as generic text. Therefore it should be transmitted and translated by
            >E-groups without any problems. If it isn't, then I will have real problems
            >posting the Jim Peterson Achievement Award ballot on E-groups this coming
            >Jan. 1st.
            >
            >Once again, please forgive the multiple sendings.
            >
            >Glenn

            * Tom Wills - Owner/Moderator
            * eGroups.com On-Line TI-99/4A U.G.
            * Tom@...
            * http://www.egroups.com/group/ti99-4a/
          • Ken.9640@juno.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
              Sorry, Glenn... I meant to send that to you directly, but forgot
              to replace the OLUG address with yours (this is a public apology).

              - Ken

              <snip>

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
                Hi Michael. That wasn't a suggestion... I was only making a
                point. Bob Carmany has been burning EPROMS for "all kinds of TI
                hardware", but someone voted him under the Myarc "Geneve" 9640 category,
                because he also burned some Geneve EPROMS. If anything, he should be
                nominated under the "Community Service" category!

                - Ken