[TI-99/4A] Re: TI99/4A & HDTVs - How To...

  • ewbray2000
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 2, 2010
      Mark;

      I was reading a section of my owners manual that I had not read previously and discovered that one of my HDTVs has a feature where you can have you PC video on the screen and THEN display an over-the-air channel as a PIP while working on the computer.

      That way you can surf the internet and watch the game at the same time; a nice feature.

      I guess they have to refine the firmware [software] every once and a while to work out any 'bugs' in a earlier release!

      Eric

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, mark wills <markrobertwills@...> wrote:

      > You know the world has gone fu**ing mad when you have to upgrade the *software* in your *TV*

      > (apologies for the bad language)
      >
      > Mark

    • ewbray2000
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 2, 2010
        I just ran a test:

        I had Win994a [Video Vegas] & [Funnel Writer] running on the PC with the video output going to the HDTV and then I had the college basketball game on the same screen as a PIP (picture-in-a-picture).

        It was nice being able to play games and/or do some work on a TMS9000 based machine while watching the college basketball game on the same screen.

        Another great reason to run emulators/simulators on your PC?