Re: [TI-99/4A] TommyGun retro development toolkit

  • killroy732000
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi TI friends,

      seems that TI-99/4A support for TommyGun is not going to happen
      (anytime soon). Apparantly Tony the developer had a motorcycle accident and this will prevent any further development.

      Too bad, well I sure wish ge gets better soon. You can read about it here: http://www.msx.org/forumtopicl7053.html

      It was worth the try, but it seems we are on our own again, so
      start coding your favorite TI-99/4A IDE people ;-)

      Note that an alternative for game maps and tiles/sprites is Tilestudio (http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/). It hasn't been updated in a while but source code is available.
      I use it for building the Time Pilot graphics.

      On a sidenote, this makes me believe even more that it is important that source code is open/available.

      Cheers
      Filip