Re: [TI-99/4A] Joke!

  • Peter Killick
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009

    • Peter Killick
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2009
        Sorry, that last blank post was meant to be headed 'Test', not 'Joke'.

        Peter

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 12, 2012
          Three men are in a hot-air balloon. Soon, they find themselves lost in a canyon somewhere.

          One of the three men says, "I have an idea. We can call for help in this canyon and the echo will carry our voices far enough for someone to hear us."

          So he leans over the basket and yells out, "Helllloooooo! Where are we?" (They hear the echo several times).

          15 minutes later, the men in the balloon hear an echoing voice: "Helllloooooo! You're lost!!"

          One of the men says, "That must be a Microsoft service tech!"

          Puzzled, one of the other men asks, "Why do you say that?"

          The man replies: "For three reasons:

          (1) he took a long time to answer,

          (2) he was absolutely correct, and

          (3) his answer was absolutely useless."
        • wmaalouli
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 14, 2012
            You definitely space your Joke postings well. Your last Joke! post was in October 2009 which I just read by the way and thought it was really funny :) Looking forward to your next joke in 2015 ;)

            Walid

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 14, 2012
              Try these message numbers and check their dates!

              78649
              77118
              75870
              73965 {my favorite}

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 24, 2012
                Old Testament Revisited:

                And God promised men that obedient wives would be found in ALL the CORNERS of the world... .. .

                Then he made the world ROUND....and laughed and laughed and laughed....
              • wmaalouli
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 27, 2012
                  Smart fellow. He certainly found a cost-efficient way to keep his promise :)

                  Walid

                  --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric-bray@...> wrote:

                  > Old Testament Revisited:
                  >
                  > And God promised men that obedient wives would be found in ALL the CORNERS of the world... .. .
                  >
                  > Then he made the world ROUND....and laughed and laughed and laughed....

                • ewbray2000
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 20, 2014

                    A businessman dragged himself home and barely made it to his chair before he dropped exhausted.

                    His sympathetic wife was right there with a tall cool drink and a comforting word. "My, you look tired," she said. "You must have had a hard day today. What happened to make you so exhausted?"

                    "It was terrible," her husband said. "The computer broke down and all of us had to do our own thinking."

                  • Tom Wills (Cox)
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 20, 2014

                      This is a good one. Thanks for passing it along. At least now I know why I get these occasional headaches.  ;-)