RE: [TI-99/4A] 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients

  • Insane Multitasker
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      To those who voted, no matter whom they voted for: without you there would
      be no reason to present awards each year. I am glad to be part of the
      group the group known as the TI community and appreciate this honor. Thank
      you, and thank you for _participating_.

      I'd also like to offer my sincere thanks to Glenn and the JPA award group
      for their efforts. For those of you who know little about
      Jim Peterson or his programming efforts, I recommend you find some of
      his articles or disks... you will find quite a lot of neat examples,
      tips, and tricks worth looking into!

      2009 has already shaped up to be a great year. Let's try to make it the
      best one yet.

      Tim

      > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
      > From: gbbasics@...
      > Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:08:01 -0400
      > Subject: [TI-99/4A] 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients
      >
      > Dear TI'ers,
      >
      > It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
      > following
      > recipients of the 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.
      >
      > TI-99/4A Category: Walid Maalouli
      >
      > Myarc "Geneve" 9640 Category: Tim Tesch
      >
      > Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
      > dedication
      > to and for the TI community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
      > presentation of the 2009 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to Bill
      > Gaskill
      > and to the families of John Birdwell and F. Rodgers deCordova.
      >
      > Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
      > awards,
      > and thanks to all who participated.
      >
      > I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
      > either
      > a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
      > respective
      > award certificates. This information can be sent to me at GBBasics@...
      > or
      > to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942
      >
      > Respectfully,
      > Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
      > Jim Peterson Achievement Awards
      > **************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
      > web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
      > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

      > Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > To change settings via email:
      > mailto:ti99-4a-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > mailto:ti99-4a-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        My congratulations go out to Tim Tesch, Walid Maalouli and Bill Gaskill on
        their receiving the Jim Peterson Awards! These are all well deserved.

        I also want to congratulate the families of F. Rodgers Cordova and John
        Birdwell for having their loved ones efforts be recognized by the TI99er
        Community with the Lifetime Achievement Awards. These two gentlemen, along
        with Bill Gaskill are indeed most deserving of this recognition.

        My heartiest congratulations go out to each and every recipient of this
        year's Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

        Tom

        To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
        From: gbbasics@...
        Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:08:01 -0400
        Subject: [TI-99/4A] 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients

[...]

      • computerclassics2000
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2009
          Please accept my humble thanks for allowing me to share in the Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award. Like so many others, I try do my part to keep the TI Community viable and moving forward.

          Tim Tesch said it best I think, "...without you there would be no reason to present awards each year. I am glad to be part of the group known as the TI community and appreciate this honor."

          Back in June of 1990 I wrote a letter to MICROpendium that said in part, "...I intend to continue being a 99er as long as there is at least one other TI-99er out there to share ideas and information with."

          That statement is as true 19 years later in 2009, as it was when I wrote it in 1990. Again, Thanks!

          Bill Gaskill

          --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, gbbasics@... wrote:

          > Dear TI'ers,
          >
          > It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
          > following
          > recipients of the 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.
          >
          > TI-99/4A Category: Walid Maalouli
          >
          > Myarc "Geneve" 9640 Category: Tim Tesch
          >
          > Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
          > dedication
          > to and for the TI community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
          > presentation of the 2009 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to Bill
          > Gaskill
          > and to the families of John Birdwell and F. Rodgers deCordova.
          >
          > Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
          > awards,
          > and thanks to all who participated.
          >
          > I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
          > either
          > a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
          > respective
          > award certificates. This information can be sent to me at GBBasics@...
          > or
          > to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942
          >
          > Respectfully,
          > Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
          > Jim Peterson Achievement Awards
          > **************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
          > web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
          > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

        • Teresa Masters
          Message 4 of 8 , May 15, 2009
            Bill,
            Well deserved, congratulations.
            Hugs,
            Terrie
          • Nadav Ben-Ami
            Message 5 of 8 , May 16, 2009
              i still want a copy of the master's collection.

              To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
              From: tam2819@...
              Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:48:18 -0700

              Bill,

              Well deserved, congratulations.

              Hugs,

              Terrie

            • Jacques Groslouis
              Message 6 of 8 , May 16, 2009
                Nadav,

                You are chasing the wrong Masters. Terrie is not likely to be the author of
                the master's collection that you are looking for. Barry Boone (aka The
                Master) was a prolific programmer and sometimes <grin> hacker and probably
                authored the collection that you are seeking although I could not find any
                reference to such a collection..

                Boone, Barry. Box 1233, Sand Springs, OK 74063. Alias: The Master. The
                Master was a supporting
                fictional character in the British science fiction television series Doctor
                Who. He is a renegade Time Lord

                who is the greatest individual enemy of the Doctor.

                Jacques

                i still want a copy of the master's collection.

                To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
                From: tam2819@...
                Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:48:18 -0700