2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients

  • gbbasics@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
      Dear TI'ers,

      It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
      following
      recipients of the 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

      TI-99/4A Category: Walid Maalouli

      Myarc "Geneve" 9640 Category: Tim Tesch

      Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
      dedication
      to and for the TI community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
      presentation of the 2009 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to Bill
      Gaskill
      and to the families of John Birdwell and F. Rodgers deCordova.

      Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
      awards,
      and thanks to all who participated.

      I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
      either
      a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
      respective
      award certificates. This information can be sent to me at GBBasics@...
      or
      to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942

      Respectfully,
      Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
      Jim Peterson Achievement Awards
      web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

    • Owen Brand
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        I want to give a congratulations to Walid, Tim, and Bill on the JP Awards.
        That's a cool honor. =) Your contributions to our community won't
        easily be forgotten. God Bless

        Owen

      • Insane Multitasker
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2009
          To those who voted, no matter whom they voted for: without you there would
          be no reason to present awards each year. I am glad to be part of the
          group the group known as the TI community and appreciate this honor. Thank
          you, and thank you for _participating_.

          I'd also like to offer my sincere thanks to Glenn and the JPA award group
          for their efforts. For those of you who know little about
          Jim Peterson or his programming efforts, I recommend you find some of
          his articles or disks... you will find quite a lot of neat examples,
          tips, and tricks worth looking into!

          2009 has already shaped up to be a great year. Let's try to make it the
          best one yet.

          Tim

          > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
          > From: gbbasics@...
          > Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:08:01 -0400
          > Subject: [TI-99/4A] 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients
          >
          > Dear TI'ers,
          >
          > It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
          > following
          > recipients of the 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.
          >
          > TI-99/4A Category: Walid Maalouli
          >
          > Myarc "Geneve" 9640 Category: Tim Tesch
          >
          > Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
          > dedication
          > to and for the TI community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
          > presentation of the 2009 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to Bill
          > Gaskill
          > and to the families of John Birdwell and F. Rodgers deCordova.
          >
          > Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
          > awards,
          > and thanks to all who participated.
          >
          > I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
          > either
          > a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
          > respective
          > award certificates. This information can be sent to me at GBBasics@...
          > or
          > to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942
          >
          > Respectfully,
          > Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
          > Jim Peterson Achievement Awards
          > **************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
          > web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
          > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

          > Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > To change settings via email:
          > mailto:ti99-4a-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > mailto:ti99-4a-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2009
            My congratulations go out to Tim Tesch, Walid Maalouli and Bill Gaskill on
            their receiving the Jim Peterson Awards! These are all well deserved.

            I also want to congratulate the families of F. Rodgers Cordova and John
            Birdwell for having their loved ones efforts be recognized by the TI99er
            Community with the Lifetime Achievement Awards. These two gentlemen, along
            with Bill Gaskill are indeed most deserving of this recognition.

            My heartiest congratulations go out to each and every recipient of this
            year's Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.

            Tom

            To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
            From: gbbasics@...
            Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:08:01 -0400
            Subject: [TI-99/4A] 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Award Recipients

[...]

          • computerclassics2000
            Message 5 of 8 , May 14, 2009
              Please accept my humble thanks for allowing me to share in the Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award. Like so many others, I try do my part to keep the TI Community viable and moving forward.

              Tim Tesch said it best I think, "...without you there would be no reason to present awards each year. I am glad to be part of the group known as the TI community and appreciate this honor."

              Back in June of 1990 I wrote a letter to MICROpendium that said in part, "...I intend to continue being a 99er as long as there is at least one other TI-99er out there to share ideas and information with."

              That statement is as true 19 years later in 2009, as it was when I wrote it in 1990. Again, Thanks!

              Bill Gaskill

              --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, gbbasics@... wrote:

              > Dear TI'ers,
              >
              > It is with honor and great pleasure to announce and congratulate the
              > following
              > recipients of the 2009 Jim Peterson Achievement Awards.
              >
              > TI-99/4A Category: Walid Maalouli
              >
              > Myarc "Geneve" 9640 Category: Tim Tesch
              >
              > Also, in recognition of their lasting achievements, contributions and
              > dedication
              > to and for the TI community, it is with great pleasure to announce the
              > presentation of the 2009 Jim Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award to Bill
              > Gaskill
              > and to the families of John Birdwell and F. Rodgers deCordova.
              >
              > Again, congratulations to the deserving recipients of these prestigious
              > awards,
              > and thanks to all who participated.
              >
              > I ask that either the awardees or knowledgeable person(s) provide me with
              > either
              > a contact E-mail address or the land mail address needed to mail the
              > respective
              > award certificates. This information can be sent to me at GBBasics@...
              > or
              > to 13246 Harper Road, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-3942
              >
              > Respectfully,
              > Glenn Bernasek, Administrator
              > Jim Peterson Achievement Awards
              > **************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
              > web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
              > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

            • Teresa Masters
              Message 6 of 8 , May 15, 2009
                Bill,
                Well deserved, congratulations.
                Hugs,
                Terrie
              • Nadav Ben-Ami
                Message 7 of 8 , May 16, 2009
                  i still want a copy of the master's collection.

                  To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
                  From: tam2819@...
                  Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:48:18 -0700

                  Bill,

                  Well deserved, congratulations.

                  Hugs,

                  Terrie

                • Jacques Groslouis
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 16, 2009
                    Nadav,

                    You are chasing the wrong Masters. Terrie is not likely to be the author of
                    the master's collection that you are looking for. Barry Boone (aka The
                    Master) was a prolific programmer and sometimes <grin> hacker and probably
                    authored the collection that you are seeking although I could not find any
                    reference to such a collection..

                    Boone, Barry. Box 1233, Sand Springs, OK 74063. Alias: The Master. The
                    Master was a supporting
                    fictional character in the British science fiction television series Doctor
                    Who. He is a renegade Time Lord

                    who is the greatest individual enemy of the Doctor.

                    Jacques

                    i still want a copy of the master's collection.

                    To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
                    From: tam2819@...
                    Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:48:18 -0700