Re: [TI-99/4A] Re: Bank switching fundamental questions

  • mark wills
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 1 3:50 AM
      Jon, even better than that:

      In your default (power up) bank, place cartridge headers for all 7 carts in the cart, then you will get a menu from the TI's menu screen! Properly integrated into the system as intended.

      Of course, the headers would be slightly different, since they would have to run some code to change banks and start the game proper...

      Mark

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 1 3:55 AM
        What might also be interesting/useful is to write a power-up routine
        and put in each bank (I think cartridge ROMs can have a power-up
        routine - someone else will be able to confirm) that prints the number
        of that bank. Then switch the console on and off lots of times and see
        if the same bank is enabled each time (i.e. whether the 'LS379 has a
        consistent power-up state). If you have a console with a reset switch,
        also see if the 'LS379 is affected by a reset (I don't think it is -
        the bank last enabled will remain enabled, which may be a different
        bank to the power-up default). The results you get may affect how you
        have to design any 'menu' software, or instructions to go with the
        cartridge (e.g. might have to power off/on to ensure the menu is
        displayed).

        Stuart.