Re: RE: [TI-99/4A] The Hidden Reef BBS

  • swim4home@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 134 , Sep 1, 2008
      I for one would like to see someone boot the Orphanage BBS once again. I know Harold Mayo wouldn't mind seeing it up and running once again. ;)

      A good portion of Harold's BBS setup was corrupted or lost. I have the last
      functional hard drive (MFM) he ran his board from, but have yet
      to salvage the files. Someone interested in running the BBS in
      Harold's stead may feel free to contact me but only serious, dedicated
      individual(s) need do so.

      The hardware is in my possession but requires repair. My goal
      is to sell it and send the proceeds to Harold's wife as was
      done with a few earlier hardware sales.

      The actual software was written by me, so rights are a non-issue.

      Tim

      > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
      > From: nadav343@...
      > Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:59:35 -0400
      > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] The Hidden Reef BBS
      >

      > So, has anyone bought the rights to reproduce or make a re-run of Harold Mayo's bbs? In other words, has someone bought off all his equipment to run the BBS?

    • Nadav Ben Ami
      Message 134 of 134 , Sep 1, 2008
        why can't you do it? Oh, Tim.. I am sorry about earlier, but if I ever need myarc repairs, can you still repair disk controllers and the like? My question really is how do I ensure that my disk controllers are still in working order? I know that after several years chips fail or equipment doesn't work,but I would like to make sure that I can still get my myarc stuff fixed in the event something happens.

        ________________________________
        > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
        > From: insane_m@...
        > Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:44:21 -0500
        > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] The Hidden Reef BBS
        >

        > Indeed. I am sure his ears are ringing and that he'd have a quip or
        > two to share if he could.
        >
        > :)
        >
        >> To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
        >> From: swim4home@...
        >> Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 02:05:28 -0500
        >> Subject: Re: RE: [TI-99/4A] The Hidden Reef BBS
        >>
        >> I for one would like to see someone boot the Orphanage BBS once again. I know Harold Mayo wouldn't mind seeing it up and running once again. ;)

        > Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share.
        > http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008

        See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts.
        http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008