Re: [TI-99/4A] Looking For Some Help

  • computerclassics2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Thanks, Tyler. I also wondered about GRAPHX PLUS when I saw it listed
      in the Tenex catalog, but your Qixsoft info below reminded me that the
      XB loader is what made it the PLUS. I recall seeing a Tex*Comp ad
      somewhere, where Jerry Price talked about it and Tex*Comp's
      "Printshoppe 99" offering.

      I DO appreciate the help sir.

      BillG

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Tyler Van Tighem <tvantigh@...> wrote:

      > computerclassics2000 wrote:
      > > I am looking for some help in determining the author and/or the vendor
      > > for the products below. Each description is taken from a retail
      > > catalog from Tenex, Triton or Unisource, where no name is given for
      > > the author or vendor.
      > >
      > > PRINTING TO GO (Triton Disk & Cassette catalog Summer 1988 p.11)
      > > More great clip art for use with GRAPHX. Includes over 130 pieces of
      > > clip art on 3 disks and a bonus disk of fonts. An incredible value!
      > > (Requires Graphx)
      > > DISK #BHHK $9.95
      > >

      > Tex-Comp also had "Printing to Go" for sale also. Ordered it along
      with
      > "Graphix+" back then, and it only came in a mini-manila envelope along
      > with a one-sided photostat of the clipart & fonts. Sorry no extra info
      > there on who made it. But for "Graphix+" we have (C)1986 R.L. and C.P.
      > Davis (Made in Australia - on the back) along with (C)1986 QIXOFT
      > (Loaders copyright). And a nice small 48 page manual for the program.
      >

      > Hope this helps.
      >

      > Tyler

    • computerclassics2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
        Tyler, After looking at the Tex*Comp catalogs you pointed me to I have
        decided to list Graphx Plus (by R.L. and C.P. Davis, with loader by
        Qixsoft) under Tex*Comp as the vendor. Same with Printing To Go. I had
        forgotten how much of a Graphx supporter Tex*Comp was, even converting
        Mac Paint images to Graphx along with the "PrintShoppe 99" thing.

        Thanks!

        BillG

        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "computerclassics2000"