Re: An Enterprising Auctioneer

  • stepoen777
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2008
      Haha. I just bid $6, one dollar up from my last attempt. I'll get
      myself blocked yet.
      :-)
      Alaric
      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Kaspar" <harleystroker2@...> wrote:

      > OHH!!
      > A bidding war, he may get his price yet !!!
      > Let's just wait and see. :-)
      >

      > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Masters <tam2819@> wrote:
      > >
      > > OK guys,
      > > I just bid $3.99.
      > > Hugs,
      > > Terrie

    • Robert Tilley
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
        Amazing! I'm surprised they don't ban him from selling. (Course then
        they wouldn't get their cut either...)

      • bpope@wordstock.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
          And thusly were the wise words spake by Dan O'Quinn

          > would you believe he declined my offer and I'm now a banned bidder? of
          > course I did tell him he'd have to include the shipping :)
          >
          > Dear dano_at_lowcountry_dot_com,
          > Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:
          > Item name: TI 99/4A 3 Consoles Diagnostic Micro Tennis Books More
          > Your offer price: US $1.00
          > Seller terms: Thanks as idiots like you allow me to build up my banned
          > bidder list. Preemptive is preferred rather than having to struggle with
          > any type of intelligent interaction that is obviously that is beyond your
          > capabilities.
          > BIN price: US $1,000.00

          What a wanker! Now somebody needs to offer him $0.02... HA!

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          P.S. Just my 2 cents...

        • Dan O'Quinn
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
            You guys need to tell him HE must pay the shipping (or you'll never get
            banned) cause I'd just bet shipping would be $3000.00us bucks :)

            > Haha. I just bid $6, one dollar up from my last attempt.
            > I'll get myself blocked yet. :-)
            > Alaric

              Must have a deal with the shipper too! <lol>

              --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Dan O'Quinn" <dano@...> wrote:

              > You guys need to tell him HE must pay the shipping (or you'll never
              get
              > banned) cause I'd just bet shipping would be $3000.00us bucks :)

            • Hal Shanafield
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
                Perhaps we should all start bidding in the thousands of dollars and
                give him a heart attack. That sounds a lot worse than when I thought
                of it. My only excuse is that it's August, I should be out sailing,
                and I'm stuck in my office, trying to write a speech for a real
                jackass of a client who has no idea of what he really wants to say,
                but a suggestion every couple of hours. I should charge by the
                hour. --Hal

                --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Tilley" <rltj1993@...> wrote:

                > Amazing! I'm surprised they don't ban him from selling. (Course
                then
                > they wouldn't get their cut either...)
                >
                > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, tursi <yahoogroup@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Seller terms: Thanks as idiots like you allow me to build up
                my
                > banned
                > > > bidder list. Preemptive is preferred rather than having to
                > struggle with
                > > > any type of intelligent interaction that is obviously that is
                > beyond your
                > > > capabilities.
                > > > BIN price: US $1,000.00
                > >
                > > Thanks for showing us what kind of seller he is, too.
                > >
                > > Look at his other auctions, they're all pretty similar, massively
                > inflated
                > > prices for pretty standard gear. He's probably hoping he has a
                > goldmine in
                > > one of them and that one will go, bit of a shotgun approach.

              • Gregory McGill
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
                  Charge by the letter :)

                  On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Hal Shanafield <hals12@...> wrote:

                  > Perhaps we should all start bidding in the thousands of dollars and
                  > give him a heart attack. That sounds a lot worse than when I thought
                  > of it. My only excuse is that it's August, I should be out sailing,
                  > and I'm stuck in my office, trying to write a speech for a real
                  > jackass of a client who has no idea of what he really wants to say,
                  > but a suggestion every couple of hours. I should charge by the
                  > hour. --Hal

                • Teresa Masters
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
                    Well Friends, he thinks I am one of you, so here is his paranoid
                    response.
                    Hugs,
                    Terrie
                    > Dear tam2819a,
                    > Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:
                    >

                    > TI 99/4A 3 Consoles Diagnostic Micro Tennis Books More
                    > Your offer price:
                    > US $3.99
                    > Seller terms:
                    > Thank You and Good Morning! Your application for inclusion on my
                    > blocked bidder list has been approved. Multiple requests
                    > (alternative UserID's) are contrary to Ebay policy. Nice to see
                    > Internet access is now available at the asylum. Blink.
                    > BIN price:
                    > US $1,000.00
                    > Check and see if you can make another Best Offer | View item | Go
                    > to My eBay
                    >

                    > Don't let it get away!.

                  • Dan O'Quinn
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 1, 2008
                      I feel your pain !

                      Well Friends, he thinks I am one of you, so here is his paranoid
                      response.
                      Hugs,
                      Terrie

                      > Dear tam2819a,
                      > Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:
                      > TI 99/4A 3 Consoles Diagnostic Micro Tennis Books More
                      > Your offer price: US $3.99
                      > Seller terms:
                      > Thank You and Good Morning! Your application for inclusion on my
                      > blocked bidder list has been approved. Multiple requests
                      > (alternative UserID's) are contrary to Ebay policy. Nice to see
                      > Internet access is now available at the asylum. Blink.
                      > BIN price:
                      > US $1,000.00
                    • Dan O'Quinn
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 5, 2008
                        Only 5 hours left. Somebody make that man an offer he cant refuse !
                        http://tinyurl.com/6ffl4t

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 5, 2008
                          Yep! Not a day goes by that I don't wish that I had another 25 or 30
                          Munch Man carts.

                          He's got a few items that should sell fairly well once he splits the
                          auction up, but all of those duplicates....

                          That may require some effort, or an unsuspecting buyer who still
                          believes that TI Invaders is rare. :-)