Re: Compact Flash Card on Nouspikel IDE card.

  • Thierry Nouspikel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
      > Howevere I wonder how much of the 1GB card the IDE card
      > actually adresses??

      All of it. The theoretical maximum is 128 GB, or one million virtual
      floppies, whichever is the smallest.

      > Also, as a matter of refernce, is there a list of error codes and
      > their meaning, the IDEDIAG produces?

      I saw in your next post that you found this list. But just for the
      lurkers, here's the URL: http://www.nouspikel.com/ti99/idediag.htm

      > BTW, thanks for creating a great piece of hardware, it has been a
      > god send to the TI community, and to me personally. It certainly
      > has breathed new life into my 99/4A system thats for sure.

      You're wellcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Thierry
    • Thierry Nouspikel
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Sullivan, Bill" <sullivanbill@...> wrote:

        > Sorry about sneaking in this way, but did you ever put up on your web
        > site an IDE.HD image that would work with MESS?

        Sorry Bill, that's one of the things I lost when my laptop was stolen,
        together with the external drive I was using for my backups.

        There is hope though: I had reported the theft to Dell, and they
        called me last week with the news that someone had placed a service
        request for my computer. Probably not the thief, unless he's really
        dumb, but someone who bought the computer from him, without asking for
        proof of purchase (something to keep in mind when you buy a
        second-hand computer!).

        Now it all depends on the efficiency of Her Majesty's Constabulary.
        They may or may not recover that computer/drive, and it may or may not
        still contain my files. And they may even be able to arrest the thief...

        Anyway, if I ever get it back, I'll e-mail the file to you.

        Thierry
      • Sullivan, Bill
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
          Hi Thierry,

          Sorry to hear about the theft of you laptop, and thanks for informing
          about the situation. The odds that your files are still on that laptop
          are slim to none, so I won't hold my breath. Any chance that you'll do
          it again once you learn for sure that your files are gone? Or my other
          question was, why can't we just create an appropriate IDE.HD image with
          CHDMAN.exe?

          Bill S

          Thierry Nouspikel wrote:

          > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ti99-4a%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "Sullivan, Bill" <sullivanbill@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Sorry about sneaking in this way, but did you ever put up on your web
          > > site an IDE.HD image that would work with MESS?
          >
          > Sorry Bill, that's one of the things I lost when my laptop was stolen,
          > together with the external drive I was using for my backups.
          >
          > There is hope though: I had reported the theft to Dell, and they
          > called me last week with the news that someone had placed a service
          > request for my computer. Probably not the thief, unless he's really
          > dumb, but someone who bought the computer from him, without asking for
          > proof of purchase (something to keep in mind when you buy a
          > second-hand computer!).
          >
          > Now it all depends on the efficiency of Her Majesty's Constabulary.
          > They may or may not recover that computer/drive, and it may or may not
          > still contain my files. And they may even be able to arrest the thief...
          >
          > Anyway, if I ever get it back, I'll e-mail the file to you.
          >
          > Thierry

        • mark wills
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2008
            >Now it all depends on the efficiency of Her Majesty's Constabulary.

            HA! No chance mate! If it involves even the slightest amount of investigation work, you can forget it. They're all too busy hiding in bushes with speed cameras.