It was worth hanging in.

  • samsungsam2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      I think 99'ers will be able to get in on the ground floor - if you
      have the original drive in your PEB.

      News release from Memorex.
      "Utilizing a compression alogarithim previously unkown to technology,
      science and kindergarten children, Memorex has developed a compression
      scheme that compresses 45 HD movies onto one 5 1/4" floppy disc.

      A company spokesperson said: " It's great. Now we just need to find
      consumers who own 5 1/4" floppy drives. Once we find these consumers
      we will sell lots, lots and lots. We think this could be a business."
    • Jacques Groslouis
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Bob,

        Was the company spokesperson named Madame Poisson d'Avril? She was the
        person I contacted about getting rid of my 5 1/4" floppy drives.

        Jacques

        > I think 99'ers will be able to get in on the ground floor - if you
        > have the original drive in your PEB.
        >
        > News release from Memorex.
        > "Utilizing a compression alogarithim previously unkown to technology,
        > science and kindergarten children, Memorex has developed a compression
        > scheme that compresses 45 HD movies onto one 5 1/4" floppy disc.
        >
        > A company spokesperson said: " It's great. Now we just need to find
        > consumers who own 5 1/4" floppy drives. Once we find these consumers
        > we will sell lots, lots and lots. We think this could be a business."

      • Andy Frueh
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
          LOL, that was pretty funny. :)

        • samsungsam2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
            Was that the same lady whom you (a couple of years back) had
            announcing that the French fishing fleet were still using TI-99's as
            the heart of their GPS system?