Re: Chicago TI User Group, 2/5/2008, 1:00 pm

  • Hal Shanafield
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      Boy, did I screw this up, or is Yahoo just being really anal? This
      reminder was supposed to be on Friday, BEFORE the meeting, and only
      appear once. It showed up the first time DURING the meeting, and it
      says it will come on again until the ninth. I must be a total
      technoklutz, although I tried my damnest to get it right the first
      time. And if you tuned in to the streaming video of the meeting you
      already know what a cluster f**k that was! It took more than half an
      hour just to get onto the site we had already set up. Ustream kept
      telling us that there was no such site, and telling us there were no
      used for the Faire. Once we got on, it began to record 45 seconds of
      me looking stupid, sans sound, for some reason. We got through that,
      and finally got Vic Steerup's Tevion DVD Maker device to put the
      output from the TI into my laptop, and onto the 'Net. It was
      supposed to go out over my son's Mac Powerbook, but that got
      stagefright just before air time, and had a nervous breakdown. The
      computer, not the kid, although he did get a bit agitated when his
      wonderful bit of hardware withered. Macs ALWAYS being superior to
      PCs, you understand... In the end, we got the thing working, but God
      only knows if we can remember what we did and duplicate it next
      month. All of this just makes me appreciate my faithful,
      trustworthy, understandable, dependable, uncomplicated TI even more!
      --Hal p.s. Sorry about the reminder, and I would kill the damn thing
      if I knew how, but in the process of trying I would probably fry the
      computer, crash the Internet, and maybe destroy the electricity grid
      in the entire country, with my luck and skill!

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Reminder from: ti99-4a Yahoo! Group
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ti99-4a/cal
      >
      > Chicago TI User Group
      > Tuesday February 5, 2008
      > 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
      > (This event repeats every Tuesday and Thursday until Saturday
      February 9, 2008.)
      > (The next reminder for this event will be sent in 23 hours, 2
      minutes.)
      > Location: Evanston Public Library, Evanston IL
      >
      > Notes:
      > The meeting will take place in one of the conference rooms on the
      third floor. We will be doing streaming media (barring total
      technical meltdown) starting around 1:30 p.m.

      > All Rights Reserved
      > Copyright © 2008
      > Yahoo! Inc.
      > http://www.yahoo.com
      >
      > Privacy Policy:
      > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
      >
      > Terms of Service:
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • scott zeiser
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
        Does anyone know if there are any TI user groups in Michigan, specifically in the Detroit metro area?
        If not, anyone on this list live near by that area?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008

          Date: Tuesday February 5, 2008
          Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
          Repeats: This event repeats every Tuesday and Thursday until Saturday February 9, 2008.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008
            The Great Lakes User Group was very active, headquartered in
            Bloomfield Hills. I haven't heard from them in years, though. --Hal

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2008

              Date: Tuesday February 5, 2008
              Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
              Repeats: This event repeats every Tuesday and Thursday until Sunday February 24, 2008.