Re: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!

  • Jacques Groslouis
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
      I would like to add my best wishes to everyone for the New Year.

      Tom's reference to 'snowy' reminded me of this recent Canadian news item.
      Many parts of eastern Canada have been hit by a series of heavy snowfalls.
      An enterprising Montrealer recently decided to sell on e-Bay the snow bank
      in front of his home. He stipulated that he would donate the proceeds to a
      charity. Apparently bidding was quite active and the final bid was $3,550
      but the bidder reneged. The second bidder stepped in after the story became
      public and agreed to buy the snow bank for the final bid amount. In
      addition, they offered to sell a bucket of this same snow bank for $100 a
      bucket and also donate the proceeds.

      Amazing what you can sell on e-Bay and what you can get for it.

      Have a good day,

      Jacques

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2008
        I'd be more than happy to send you a "care package". Would you like
        any salt with your order?

        :)

        > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
        > From: tom.wills@...
        > Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:35:26 -0700
        > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
        >
        > Shouldn't that be "snowy" Wisconsin? Got to admit, we do miss it, but not
        > enough to come back there. ;-)

        i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference.
        http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect
      • ti99_forever
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2008
          Yes, I see that you've already sent some of your
          weather our way! ;)

          South Georgia, and we are sitting here at 30 F, and
          expecting low 20s or teens!

          I hear the east coast of Florida might get snow!
          (Looks like "ocean effect" snow)...

          I was going to send you some of our warm weather your
          way, but now we don't have anything to send!

          --- Insane Multitasker <insane_m@...> wrote:

          > I'd be more than happy to send you a "care package".
          > Would you like
          > any salt with your order?
          >
          > :)
          >

          > > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: tom.wills@...
          > > Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:35:26 -0700
          > > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
          > >
          > > Shouldn't that be "snowy" Wisconsin? Got to admit,
          > we do miss it, but not
          > > enough to come back there. ;-)

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Nadav Ben Ami
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2008
            Happy New year!!

            This will be a good 2009!

            0
            > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
            > From: insane_m@...
            > Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:55:07 -0600
            > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
            >

            > I'd be more than happy to send you a "care package". Would you like
            > any salt with your order?
            >
            > :)
            >

            >> To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
            >> From: tom.wills@...
            >> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:35:26 -0700
            >> Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
            >>
            >> Shouldn't that be "snowy" Wisconsin? Got to admit, we do miss it, but not
            >> enough to come back there. ;-)

            The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console.
          • ti99_forever
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2008
              2009? Sounds good to me!
              2008 has started off bad enough! Either this is the
              stomach flu, or I have food poisoning.

              And I tried calling in sick last night - they couldn't
              find anyone, so I had to come in anyway. Was told I
              could leave early, but when I tried to, my boss has me
              calling people to come in early.

              I finally got out of there just 3.5 hours before
              quitting time...

              Finally getting back on my feet...

              --- Nadav Ben Ami <nadav343@...> wrote:

              > Happy New year!!
              >
              > This will be a good 2009!
              >

              > 0
              > > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: insane_m@...
              > > Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:55:07 -0600
              > > Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
              > >

              > > I'd be more than happy to send you a "care
              > package". Would you like
              > > any salt with your order?
              > >
              > > :)
              > >

              > >> To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
              > >> From: tom.wills@...
              > >> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:35:26 -0700
              > >> Subject: RE: [TI-99/4A] Happy New Year!
              > >>
              > >> Shouldn't that be "snowy" Wisconsin? Got to
              > admit, we do miss it, but not
              > >> enough to come back there. ;-)

            • hexbus
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 31, 2009
                I hope everyone has a great and prosperous 2010.

                May it continue to have many more interesting TI projects :)

                I've had a wonderful 2009, and I give thanks to many, many people in here....

                Tursi, Bob Carmany, Stuart Conner, Michael Zapf, Carlos Randolph, CTIUG, and many, many more of you. I give my heartfelt appreciation to all of you, as well as all of the people who supported the cause by purchasing 200 16K/64K cartridge boards.

                Jon
              • Tom Wills
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 31, 2012
                  Happy New Year!

                  I would like to take out a moment to wish each and everyone of you and your families a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year in 2013.

                  Tom

                  Don't forget to cast your vote for the "2013 Jim Peterson Achievement Award" nominee(s) of your choosing by using the online ballot at http://www.ti99ers.org!