Re: [ti-99/4a] Modulators (was Even more questions.)

  • michael.becker@de.adtranz.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      this is the problem with Composite video (or FBAS) signal, which are pure analog
      and modulated. The european R-Y, B-y and Y consoles are more stable, because all
      signals are mixed inside the modulator. You may try to trim the oscillator
      circuitry inside the main-board, but you need a very good equipment.

      :-)
      Michael

      Routing "Yates, Ben" <ben.yates@...>
      info.. 31.07.2000 19:42

      Please respond to ti99-4a@egroups.com

      To: "'ti99-4a@egroups.com'" <ti99-4a@egroups.com>
      cc: (bcc: Michael Becker/DE/Adtranz)

      Security Level:? Internal

      Subject: [ti-99/4a] Modulators (was Even more questions.)

      Speaking of modulators - I hooked up an extra console, with cassette, in the
      Living Room to play games. I was getting a bad picture with one of my newer
      modulators, so I hooked up my original, the one with the red LED, and it was
      "picture-perfect".
      Then, I tried hooking up my 32kx16 console, and it was horrible!
      It just goes to show - some modulators just go bad over the years, and some
      TI's video circuitry as well. The right combo will put out a near-perfect
      picture.

      But a direct-connect is better.

      > ----------

      For users/owners of TI-99/4A and compatibles everywhere!

    • Yates, Ben
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        <snip>
        >Are you sure that the 32kx16 isn't causing interference? I mean,
        if it's
        >not shealded well enough, it could be causing TV interference, and
        you're
        >TV would pick that up along with the modulator's signal. I guess
        you try
        >to test that by running the TI with no video connected, and flip on
        the TV
        >and see if you see any noise.
        <snip>

        Well, it is shielded by the same shielding used around the CPU. I
        suspect the video circuitry needs "fiddling" (a technical term)