Re: [TI-99/4A] Build Your Own CF Mini PEB Group Buy

  • Harborside_2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
      I'd like to see a picture of this critter.

      Chris Schneider <clschneider@...> wrote:
      I have been discussing the option of obtaining all the necessary files and
      instructions to build your own Compact Flash Mini PEB which contains:

      32mb Compact Flash card

      IDE to CF converter

      32k Ram

      Parallel port

      All Components to manufacture this item

      PCB Board

      Instructions

      In order to keep the pricing down I would like to find out how much interest
      there is in purchasing the items to do this. This handy little gadget was
      designed by Jaime Malilong and has proven its stability and versatility. I
      have obtained approval from Jaime Malilong to do this as of 6/27/06.

      This is just to build your own; if you want to purchase a completed KIT you
      will need to contact Jamie Malilong to obtain one.

      A website will be hosted by me for users to sign up for the quantity of kits
      they are requesting as well as detailed instructions for building the cards
      and DOS utilities for the card. But first I would like to get private
      emails showing an interest before I start diehard designing the website for
      signup. I will start contacting my suppliers to determine parts
      availability as well as basic pricing. As you know this will be similar to
      the IDE group buy I helped with. All funds will need to be received before
      ordering takes place.

      This card has proven its stability and compatibility with the system.

      I will ship out the components required and the EPROM will be pre-programmed
      (if requested). I know most TI-Users do not have an EPROM Programmer and I
      would be happy to program the EPROM with the current approved Firmware that
      Jamie Malilong has provided. Every component package shipped will be
      required to have insurance on the package. I will ship via USPS Mail; all
      components will be sealed in Anti-Static Bags for protection.

      Thank You,

      Chris Schneider

    • Chris Schneider
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2006
        I will be setting up a website for all to register for these. I will find a
        way to try and keep the cost down of course. This card will be much easier
        to build than the IDE controller.

        Chris

        _____

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2006
            I have put up a site that you can all register for the buy of the CF Card
            Mini-PEB.

            I have found it may be cheaper to leave off the CF card and IDE to CF Card
            converted, both of these can be obtained on ebay fairly cheap.

            If you would like to start registering for the group buy, please go to:

            http://aspspider.org/clschneider/index.aspx

            I do not know the exact price of the card as of yet, but will post it as
            soon as I know, it should not be more than $30-$35.00 though I would assume.

            If you have any questions please contact me directly,
            clschneider@...

            Chris

            _____

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 9, 2006
              Yet another update. I have been talking with the developer and he is
              redesigning the card to allow for:

              A single EPROM with jumpers/dip switches to switch for dsk1-3 or dsk5-7,
              also a PEB interface to allow for the flex cable to be plugged in so this
              card will interface with existing PEB systems.

              There is no plans to interface a serial port as of yet.

              Chris

              _____

              http://aspspider. <http://aspspider.org/clschneider/index.aspx>
              org/clschneider/index.aspx

              I do not know the exact price of the card as of yet, but will post it as
              soon as I know, it should not be more than $30-$35.00 though I would assume.

              If you have any questions please contact me directly,
              clschneider@ <mailto:clschneider%40houston.rr.com> houston.rr.com

              Chris

              _____

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2009
                If anyone knows how to contact Jaime Malilong or Chris Schneider maybe
                this project can be done now that there seems to be a lot more interest
                in a CF7A+ Sidecar.

                Bill S

                (This e-mail was posted on 6-27-2006, Chris seems to have sold out his
                TI equipment and left the OLUG around 5-2-2007 or a little later.)

                Chris Schneider wrote:

[...]

              • Steve Graham
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2009
                  Count me among those that would be EXTREMELY interested in purchasing SEVERAL CF7a+ kits! I have been in the hunt for a CF7a+ for nearly a year now and have been very hopeful that another run might one day come to fruition. I've personally conversed with many people on various forums who feel just like I do.

                  .. Steve

                • FDOS
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2009
                    Steve,

                    Please know that I'm not in contact with either Jaime Malilong or Chris
                    Schneider, but I'm hoping that somebody who is in contact with one or
                    the other will be able to convince one or the other to revive this
                    project for the good of this community.

                    Waiting on pins and needles.

                    Bill S

                    Steve Graham wrote:

                    > Count me among those that would be EXTREMELY interested in purchasing
                    > SEVERAL CF7a+ kits! I have been in the hunt for a CF7a+ for nearly a
                    > year now and have been very hopeful that another run might one day come
                    > to fruition. I've personally conversed with many people on various
                    > forums who feel just like I do.
                    >
                    > .. Steve

                  • Steve Graham
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2009
                      I know it may be a longshot but just seeing an effort to get this done fires me up. I hope someone here might be able to reach Jaime or Chris.

                      .. Steve