Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

RE: [TI-99/4A] Re: call char problem. please help.

Expand Messages
  • Emory Lehman
    Both worked fine in MESS 0.103. Except line 140 should read: 140 PRINT SEG$(A$,I,1),ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1)) Just the $ on the first SEG$ statement is missing. I
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 31, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Both worked fine in MESS 0.103. Except line 140 should read:

      140 PRINT SEG$(A$,I,1),ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1))

      Just the "$" on the first SEG$ statement is missing. I ran them both in
      console basic, and TI Extended Basic with out any problems.

      Emory Lehman


      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      > Of Jeff White
      > Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 9:20 PM
      > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [TI-99/4A] Re: call char problem. please help.
      >
      > Darth Kur, even though you have dismissed the possibility, I think
      > lowercase letters which are "small caps" in TI BASIC could still be the
      > problem.
      >
      > Here are some things to try:
      >
      > 100 A$="0123456789ABCDEF"
      > 110 CALL CLEAR
      > 120 FOR I=1 TO LEN(A$)
      > 130 CALL CHAR(32,SEG$(A$,1,I))
      > 140 PRINT SEG(A$,I,1),ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1))
      > 150 FOR J=1 TO 2500
      > 160 NEXT J
      > 170 NEXT I
      >
      > If the above program bombs, report back the last line that was printed.
      > Then try the equally uninteresting program:
      >
      > 110 CALL CLEAR
      > 120 FOR I=65 TO 70
      > 130 CALL CHAR(32,CHR$(I))
      > 140 PRINT CHR$(I),I
      > 150 FOR J=1 TO 2500
      > 160 NEXT J
      > 170 NEXT I
      >
      > If this second program bombs, again report back the last line that was
      > printed.
      >
      > If both of these programs work, then I will scratch my head and let
      > another idea fall out. BTW, do you have an Extended BASIC, Mini Memory,
      > or Editor/Assembler cartridge and/or 32K memory expansion?
      >
      > Jeff White
      > jhwhite@...
      >
      > sometimes wrote:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > CALL CHAR(33,1) returns
      > > * STRING-NUMBER MISMATCH
      > >
      > > CALL CHAR(33,"0f") returns
      > > * BAD VALUE
      > >
      > > CALL CHAR(33,"0F") is accepted
      > >
      > > Do you remember to capitalize (uppercase) the letters ?
      > >
      > > :-)
      > >
      > > http://sometimes.99er.net
      > >
      > >
      > > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Haase" <ironwolf@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >>Are you encasing the definition string in double quotes? As
      > >
      > > follows:
      > >
      > >>CALL CHAR(128,"00103F3C680806FF")
      > >>
      > >>That's about the only thing I can think of, because the parser
      > >
      > > would
      > >
      > >>accept numbers without the quotes, but letters get interpreted as
      > >>commands or variables unless within double-quotes.
      > >>
      > >>Adam
      > >>
      > >>--- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Darth Kur <darthkur@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >>>Hello all,
      > >>> I have a problem with my TI 99/4A in which when I try to use
      > >
      > > the
      > >
      > >>call char command it will not accept any line containing any
      > >>alphabetic codes (A--F) but does fine for the numeric (1--9). It
      > >
      > > won't
      > >
      > >>accept a - f either in programs or the immediate mode. Why could
      > >
      > > this be?
      > >
      > >>> Thank you for your assistance.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > For users/owners of TI-99/4A Geneve 9640 computers everywhere!
      > Visit the TI99'ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org
      > Check out the TI99ers On-Line User Group at http://www.ti99ers.org/home/.
      > Send abuse reports to abuse@...
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > --
      > No virus found in this incoming message.
      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.3/298 - Release Date: 3/30/2006
      >

      --
      No virus found in this outgoing message.
      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.3/298 - Release Date: 3/30/2006
    • Emory Lehman
      If you can not get you keyboard to work correctly, I can send you one at the cost of shipping. Email me privately at elehman3@earthlink.net and we can work
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 4, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        If you can not get you keyboard to work correctly, I can send you one at the
        cost of shipping. Email me privately at elehman3@... and we can
        work out a deal.

        Emory Lehman


        > -----Original Message-----
        > From: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
        > Of Darth Kur
        > Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:18 AM
        > To: ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [TI-99/4A] Re: call char problem. please help.
        >
        > Hello,
        > Thanks to you and all others that have supplied all of these
        > suggestions. I tried the first simple program, Jeff, and it failed but now
        > I know why it and all of the other attempts at utilizing the Call Char
        > operation failed. Mark Wills' suggestion to simply check to see if my
        > Alpha Lock button was functioning hit the problem on the head.
        > Unfortunately, I had been assuming that since I have had the AL button
        > depressed all this time that it was working as it is supposed to. Upon
        > further investigation I've discovered it is not. It seems that it matters
        > not whether it is in the locked or unlocked position, the lower case
        > letters only are being displayed.
        > So now I just have to figure out why the AL is not functioning
        > properly.
        > Thanks again for all the help, everyone.
        >
        > Jeff White <jhwhite@...> wrote:
        > Darth Kur, even though you have dismissed the possibility, I think
        > lowercase letters which are "small caps" in TI BASIC could still be the
        > problem.
        >
        > Here are some things to try:
        >
        > 100 A$="0123456789ABCDEF"
        > 110 CALL CLEAR
        > 120 FOR I=1 TO LEN(A$)
        > 130 CALL CHAR(32,SEG$(A$,1,I))
        > 140 PRINT SEG(A$,I,1),ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1))
        > 150 FOR J=1 TO 2500
        > 160 NEXT J
        > 170 NEXT I
        >
        > If the above program bombs, report back the last line that was printed.
        > Then try the equally uninteresting program:
        >
        > 110 CALL CLEAR
        > 120 FOR I=65 TO 70
        > 130 CALL CHAR(32,CHR$(I))
        > 140 PRINT CHR$(I),I
        > 150 FOR J=1 TO 2500
        > 160 NEXT J
        > 170 NEXT I
        >
        > If this second program bombs, again report back the last line that was
        > printed.
        >
        > If both of these programs work, then I will scratch my head and let
        > another idea fall out. BTW, do you have an Extended BASIC, Mini Memory,
        > or Editor/Assembler cartridge and/or 32K memory expansion?
        >
        > Jeff White
        > jhwhite@...
        >
        > sometimes wrote:
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > CALL CHAR(33,1) returns
        > > * STRING-NUMBER MISMATCH
        > >
        > > CALL CHAR(33,"0f") returns
        > > * BAD VALUE
        > >
        > > CALL CHAR(33,"0F") is accepted
        > >
        > > Do you remember to capitalize (uppercase) the letters ?
        > >
        > > :-)
        > >
        > > http://sometimes.99er.net
        > >
        > >
        > > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Haase" wrote:
        > >
        > >>Are you encasing the definition string in double quotes? As
        > >
        > > follows:
        > >
        > >>CALL CHAR(128,"00103F3C680806FF")
        > >>
        > >>That's about the only thing I can think of, because the parser
        > >
        > > would
        > >
        > >>accept numbers without the quotes, but letters get interpreted as
        > >>commands or variables unless within double-quotes.
        > >>
        > >>Adam
        > >>
        > >>--- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, Darth Kur wrote:
        > >>
        > >>>Hello all,
        > >>> I have a problem with my TI 99/4A in which when I try to use
        > >
        > > the
        > >
        > >>call char command it will not accept any line containing any
        > >>alphabetic codes (A--F) but does fine for the numeric (1--9). It
        > >
        > > won't
        > >
        > >>accept a - f either in programs or the immediate mode. Why could
        > >
        > > this be?
        > >
        > >>> Thank you for your assistance.
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > For users/owners of TI-99/4A Geneve 9640 computers everywhere!
        > Visit the TI99'ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org
        > Check out the TI99ers On-Line User Group at http://www.ti99ers.org/home/.
        > Send abuse reports to abuse@...
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
        > countries) for 2ยข/min or less.
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
        >
        >
        > For users/owners of TI-99/4A Geneve 9640 computers everywhere!
        > Visit the TI99'ers Hall of Fame at http://www.ti99hof.org
        > Check out the TI99ers On-Line User Group at http://www.ti99ers.org/home/.
        > Send abuse reports to abuse@...
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > --
        > No virus found in this incoming message.
        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        > Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.5/300 - Release Date: 4/3/2006
        >

        --
        No virus found in this outgoing message.
        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.5/300 - Release Date: 4/3/2006
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.