Re: [TI-99/4A] TI flatscreen

  • roundfilesilver
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
      Ah, a fellow cynic. Speak your truth, and may your voice never be silenced. :)

      James

    • manito_mike
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006
        What, we won't get the spectrum free for pirate tv? Where will we get
        the next Rupert Murdock? :) Mike

        <roundfilesilver@...> wrote:

        > Ah, a fellow cynic. Speak your truth, and may your voice never be
        silenced. :)

        > James
        >
        > > You will find that your government, like mine, will use part of the
        > > released analogue spectrum for emergency communication use, while
        > > selling off the majority of it to the likes of mobile phone
        > > companies. So the government is forcing you to buy new equipment to
        > > receive digital TV, while itself receiving a vast amount of money
        > > from the sell-off.
        > >
        > > Yours cynically,
        > > Stuart from the UK
        > >

        > > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "roundfilesilver"
        > > <roundfilesilver@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > What will happen to analog when analog broadcast goes down? I mean
        > > will Hams be
        > > > allowed to broadcast TV that could be picked up on old sets,
        > > since "everybody" will have
        > > > digital TVs and Digital programming?
        > > >
        > > > James

      • Dan Olson
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2006

          > What, we won't get the spectrum free for pirate tv? Where will we get
          > the next Rupert Murdock? :) Mike

          I was wondering about that, with all the millions of TV sets that easily
          tune in those frequencies, yet no TV broadcasts in the spectrum to compete
          with....that would be perfect for someone wanting to setup their own
          station :)

          Dan