Create Blank Disk Image

  • Robert Boyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 10:54 AM
      I have a freshly initialised TI disk.I want to create an image of this
      disk (in V9T9 format) with TI99-PC ,however the prog. will not accept
      an empty disk as a source for conversion.
      Is there a way to trick TI99-PC into accepting the disk, perhaps by
      editing?
      I don't mind if the number of available sectors is slightly reduced,
      only that the resultant image appears to have no files present (as
      would a disk initialised with Disk Manager 2).

      I intend to copy the blank image to a compact flash to use as a data
      disk.
      I could put any image on the CF then remove the files, but would
      prefer a 'front end' solution.

      --------------------RB
    • ti99_forever
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 1:05 PM
        --- Robert Boyd <bobboyd99@...> wrote:

        > I have a freshly initialised TI disk.I want to
        > create an image of this
        > disk (in V9T9 format) with TI99-PC ,however the
        > prog. will not accept
        > an empty disk as a source for conversion.
        > Is there a way to trick TI99-PC into accepting the
        > disk, perhaps by
        > editing?
        > I don't mind if the number of available sectors is
        > slightly reduced,
        > only that the resultant image appears to have no
        > files present (as
        > would a disk initialised with Disk Manager 2).
        >
        > I intend to copy the blank image to a compact flash
        > to use as a data
        > disk.
        > I could put any image on the CF then remove the
        > files, but would
        > prefer a 'front end' solution.

        I had the same problem, myself. I just wound up
        creating an image with a one-line text file for the
        conversion process and deleted the file on the TI side
        once it was mounted (although this wasn't for a CF).

        ---
        Ben
        http://journal4cs.blogspot.com/

        http://mail.yahoo.com