Re: Friday night get-together

  • Ron Reuter
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hal,

      The one in Evanston!

      Ron

      --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Hal Shanafield" <hals12@h...> wrote:

      > Ron, do you mean the Hilton in Evanston, or the one in downtown
      > Chicago, the Chicago Hilton and Towers? --Hal
      > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Reuter" <ti99@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hal,
      > >
      > > Jerry and I will also be staying at the downtown hilton, and
      should
      > > be getting in around 3 or 4 on Friday.
      > >
      > > Ron
      > >

      > > --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Hal Shanafield" <hals12@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I almost forgot to mention the Friday night get-together! For
      > > those
      > > > of you who will be arriving early for the Faire, we are having
      > > > little event to drink beer, talk TI, and just get to say hello
      > > old
      > > > and new friends. The location will be based on where everyone
      is
      > > > staying, and therefore I need to know where that is. My phone
      > > number
      > > > is (847) 864-8644, and you can call me during reasonable hours
      up
      > > > until noon Friday. I will post the location of the Friday
      night
      > > bash
      > > > here on Yahoo sometime on Friday, but I would like to know how
      > > many
      > > > people are coming so that I can arrange for enough space. In
      > > years
      > > > past we were able to rent a large room, but these days we have
      > > > choose a spot were we can fit in. I am looking forward to
      seeing
      > > > lots of old and new friends on Friday and Saturday, and if
      there
      > > is
      > > > enough interest, perhaps on Sunday as well. --Hal
    • Hal Shanafield
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        Great! I'll call you. --Hal

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
          We will be getting together for dinner and TI talk at the "Panera"
          restaurant in Evanston, at the corner of Church and Sherman, at 6
          p.m. There is a back room, where we will try to sit, since it is
          quiet. We may move from there to a nice little bar at the American
          Legion hall, since Panera doesn't serve any beer! Panera does have
          free WiFi Internet access if anyone wants to bring a laptop. My
          phone number is 847-864-8644. --Hal