Help!!

  • Nadav Ben-Ami
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
      I am now making great use of the 9640 emulation through Mess, since
      all attempts at trying to get a REAL 9640 CARD for the TI have FAILED
      (not many made anymore!, unless someone has it!). Problem is this:
      How do I make use of getting the best out of the Geneve 9640 with its
      bare minimum of files geneve.zip includes? I have all the .DSK files
      I need to transfer to my TI(hard work though.. many hours!). Can
      someone also tell me how do I switch out of 9640 mode to 4A mode and
      4a mode back to 9640 mode without having to reset it? Any help would
      be appreciated..

      Nadav
    • Ben Yates
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
        --- In ti99-4a@yahoogroups.com, "Nadav Ben-Ami" <nadav3333@e...>
        wrote:

        > I am now making great use of the 9640 emulation through Mess,
        since
        > all attempts at trying to get a REAL 9640 CARD for the TI have
        FAILED
        > (not many made anymore!, unless someone has it!). Problem is this:
        > How do I make use of getting the best out of the Geneve 9640 with
        its
        > bare minimum of files geneve.zip includes? I have all the .DSK
        files
        > I need to transfer to my TI(hard work though.. many hours!). Can
        > someone also tell me how do I switch out of 9640 mode to 4A mode
        and
        > 4a mode back to 9640 mode without having to reset it? Any help
        would
        > be appreciated..
        >
        > Nadav

        I don't know about the latter, but there is a great folder on the WHT
        site, 9640news for software... and since much of the early stuff was
        in GPL mode some of it is 99/4A compatible, and is a good place to
        look for 80-column compatible software.

        Ben
      • BillSullivan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
          Nadav,

          You will just have to keep watching for one here or on eBay. One will,
          occasionally, show up, but the operation of an emulator is just about
          identical to the REAL 9640 Geneve. As Ben said there is lots of software
          for the Geneve available on the WHT FTP site (both native & GPL mode).

          I will guess that you are using MDOS 6.50, and if that is true then
          switching modes is as easy as excuting GPL (GPM, GPN, GPO & GPP also
          required files), provided you declared TIMODE in your AUTOEXEC file that
          auto-processed on boot-up. Return to MDOS native mode from the the GPL menu
          screen is by pressing the ESC key. Access to the GPL menu screen from 4A
          mode is by pressing both SHIFT keys and the CTRL key at the same time. You
          may load 4A module software from the command line of MDOS (assuming the GPL
          files are in the root directory of the first hard drive and module software
          is in the directory named CARTS, then E:>GPL E:\CARTS\EA), in which case
          entry to 4A mode is automatic or you may load it at the GPL menu screen
          (HDS1.CARTS.EA). Manual enty is accomplished with ENTER key or with the F5
          key if you need ROMPAGE (required by Myarc MDM5, Hard & Floppy Disk Manager
          software). CAUTION: Hard disk directories should not be created with this
          software, use MDOS or Clint Pulley's DM (version: 2.5, available on the WHT
          FTP site).

          The easiest way to set up your Geneve emulator is to download Beery Miller's
          MESS.DOC file, and printing it out (MS WORD). It is in the MESS folder on
          the WHT FTP site. It will pretty much explain everything. If something is
          not clear, just ask here.

          Bill R Sullivan <BRSullivan@...> or <Bill.Sullivan@...>

          I am now making great use of the 9640 emulation through Mess, since
          all attempts at trying to get a REAL 9640 CARD for the TI have FAILED
          (not many made anymore!, unless someone has it!). Problem is this:
          How do I make use of getting the best out of the Geneve 9640 with its
          bare minimum of files geneve.zip includes? I have all the .DSK files
          I need to transfer to my TI(hard work though.. many hours!). Can
          someone also tell me how do I switch out of 9640 mode to 4A mode and
          4a mode back to 9640 mode without having to reset it? Any help would
          be appreciated..

          Nadav

          For users/owners of TI-99/4A and compatibles everywhere!

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • swim4home@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
            In a message dated 1/4/2004 11:45:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            nadav3333@... writes:
            all attempts at trying to get a REAL 9640 CARD for the TI have FAILED
            (not many made anymore!, unless someone has it!).

            It might be a matter of what you are willing to pay for the geneve. The going
            rate for "stock" geneves these days seems to be in the $125 range. There are
            geneves listed on "The Hidden Reef BBS" but they have upgrades and sell for
            more than the stock geneve.

          • Gregg Eshelman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
              --- swim4home@... wrote:

              > It might be a matter of what you are willing to pay
              > for the geneve. The going
              > rate for "stock" geneves these days seems to be in
              > the $125 range. There are
              > geneves listed on "The Hidden Reef BBS" but they
              > have upgrades and sell for
              > more than the stock geneve.

              Last night I looked on eBay for TI 99 stuff and I
              was rather shocked at the prices that consoles with
              no extras but a couple cartridges were bringing,
              over $40 and several bids.

              Makes me wish I had my seven consoles (two of them
              non-QI beige versions) and two PEBs back that I traded
              off years ago. ;)

              =====
              Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in each weekend. Fun.

              http://search.yahoo.com/top2003