RE: BBS Software (was [ti-99/4a] Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.)

  • Barry Boone
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2003
      Another popular BBS of the time was Zyolog by Bryan Wilcutt in Hawaii.

      The USS Enterprise in Houston was based on it, then a fellow named Mark
      Shields rewrote the XB into something totally custom. The USS
      Enterprise was one of the most unique TI-based BBS's of its time.

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 2, 2003
        wrote:
        > There is an all-assembly BBS out there but I forget its name. It
        was
        > extremely quick; I have the files somewhere in my archive. Some of
        the
        > hybrid BBS's that come to mind are PBBS, TI Net, TIBBS, MXT, and
        S&T. My
        > favorite recollection: logging into my first BBS in '85 using a
        300 baud
        > modem and TEII... and hearing my computer exclaim "Welcome to the
        best TI
        > BBS". Text and Speech online... talk about cool!
        >
        > Tim Tesch

        Yes, let me not forget to mention Blaine Richard's T.I.T.S. BBS (TI
        Telecomunication System) which had a logon screen with a set of
        knockers.
        It had many files of songs and graphics for the TEII. And some speech
        as well.
        Back then, it was worth it at 300 baud since my fastest modem was
        only 1200.
        He had another TI hooked up collecting weather info. And it was from
        him I obtained my first copy of c99.

        Ben
      • swim4home@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 2, 2003
          In a message dated 11/1/2003 11:02:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          insane_m@... writes:
          and hearing my computer exclaim "Welcome to the best TI
          BBS". Text and Speech online... talk about cool!

          Tim Tesch
          I remember that as cool also. But what was really amazing was the first time
          I downloaded a file. :-)