TI BBSs

  • David S. Brain
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 3:23 PM
      OK, I've lost the email I had that listed the 2 TI-99/Geneve BBSs still
      in operation here in the USA. Could someone please post the names and
      numbers of them? Also, do either of them do telnet? If so what's the
      telnet address? If anyone knows of any other TI-99/vintage computer
      phone/telnet BBSs please post those too.

      I went to http://www.usbbs.org/ and they seem to only list BBSs by state
      and I don't know what state they are in. The sysops might consider
      having their BBSs put up on the list if they aren't already there too.

      TIA,
      --
      Davey Brain
      dsbrain@...

      "We believe OS/2 is the platform for the nineties"
      Bill Gates

      <<--The power of OS/2 Warp 4.50 Mozilla 1.2.1-->>
      <<--AMD Athlon 1700XP+ ATI RagePro3D 8M 2X AGP-->>
      --
      This OS/2 system uptime is 1 days 22:17 hours and 39 seconds
    • James B. DiGriz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 10:47 PM
        David S. Brain wrote:
        > OK, I've lost the email I had that listed the 2 TI-99/Geneve BBSs still
        > in operation here in the USA. Could someone please post the names and
        > numbers of them? Also, do either of them do telnet? If so what's the
        > telnet address? If anyone knows of any other TI-99/vintage computer
        > phone/telnet BBSs please post those too.
        >
        > I went to http://www.usbbs.org/ and they seem to only list BBSs by state
        > and I don't know what state they are in. The sysops might consider
        > having their BBSs put up on the list if they aren't already there too.
        >
        > TIA,

        Davey, I'm sure Richard and maybe Harold will chime in here, but I just
        wanted to announce that I've opened up a BBS supporting, among other
        things, the TI-99 and Geneve. There is a dial up modem on the box, but
        at the moment it's being used for other purposes. At some point it will
        become available, and at some point I want to have either my Geneve or
        my S1505 answering the phone.

        I have an application in for a Fidonet node and hope to see a TI Echo
        started again. If there's any interest, in fact, a whole TI alternate
        Net could be set up, if others set up more TI BBSes. We'll see. In the
        meantime, you can telnet or ssh (I recommend PuTTY for Windows users) to
        dragonsweb.org for access.

        I'm still setting up a bunch of stuff, but it is usable at this point,
        and I do have some TI file areas available, based off my whtech ftp
        mirror, with more to come.

        jbdigriz
      • James B. DiGriz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 11:04 PM
          James B. DiGriz wrote:

          > I'm still setting up a bunch of stuff, but it is usable at this point,
          > and I do have some TI file areas available, based off my whtech ftp
          > mirror, with more to come.

          P.S. Tnx to Don and Beery for permission to mirror the whtech site and
          9640 News. If anyone requires permission to mirror items from the whtech
          site, please advise.

          Thanks,
          jbdigriz