Wanted UK Pal Tv modulator

  • Philip Lancaster
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi I need a pal tv modulator for my TI, must be in good working order. Anyone able to help? I just bought one and it lasted about 5 minutes!

      Thanks

      Phil

    • Errorfree
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
        Hello TI friends,

        well, I never left this group, just lurking...
        But now I have time again start( or re-start) new TI projects and also
        to be an active part of this group. But more in a few days.

        For those who got the version of DSKBACKUP I release at the Treff in
        Hilversum: This version won't work except under the Funnelweb
        environment. The corrected version and a new version of CD-Commander
        will be released in a few days in the Download section of my homepage
        http://www.errorfree.de

        Greetings from Germany

        Errorfree
        (Wolfgang)

        mailto:errorfree@...

        Official site of TI-Club Errorfree (Germany):
        http://www.errorfree.de
      • Sullivan, Bill
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
          Hi Wolfgang,

          Good to see your presence here again, and to hear that you will be
          active and working on new projects. Although I have the original
          DSKBACKUP, of several years ago, I mostly use TI99-PC these days. Back
          then I was more partial to MFM with your hard disk modification even
          though that required an extra step to import/export to .dsk images. The
          reason being that most of my TI diskettes are 720K (DSQD), and a larger
          capacity disk was required to contain the file.

          IIRC I wasn't able to use CD-Commander on my Geneve where the SCSI
          CD-ROM drive resides. Was this resolved or might it be a problem like I
          have with SCSI together with IDE on my GenMod Geneve? I have the
          PFM512K+ Geneve in the system now, so I should try both situations with
          it--time allowing. However, I'm very busy these days with multiple TI
          hobby projects in process.

          Looking forward to your new releases.

          Bill

        • swim4home@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 27, 2007
            In a message dated 10/27/2007 12:24:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            errorfree@... writes:

            Greetings from Germany

            Errorfree
            (Wolfgang)

            Greetings to you Wolfgang!

            We are happy to here you are here even though you may only be lurking. ;)

            RB

          • Errorfree
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 28, 2007
              Hello Bill,

              CD-Commander should run on a Geneve with SCSI Controller, because the
              program use the standard text2(80clm) mode with disk DSR buffers in
              VDP bank 0, the screen tables in VDP bank 1 and several other buffers
              in bank 2 till 4. The program itself takes place in the HiMem at >A100.
              TO read from CD the program use the standard low-level routine
              SECTOR READ. For this it should also work with an IDE controller, if
              it returns every time 2048byte sectors, independent from the value in
              the I/O PAB. And yes, the DSR MUST return the sector datas directly to
              the RAM, NOT to the VDP RAM.

              I don't own neither a Geneve nor an IDE controller, so I can't test
              it here. Maybe you or somebody else of the group can give me more
              hints to solve the problem.

              Greetings from Germany

              Errorfree
              (Wolfgang)

              mailto:errorfree@...

              ************************************

              Deine Mitteilung vom Samstag, 27. Oktober 2007 um 17:50 lautet:

              > Hi Wolfgang,

              > Good to see your presence here again, and to hear that you will be
              > active and working on new projects. Although I have the original
              > DSKBACKUP, of several years ago, I mostly use TI99-PC these days. Back
              > then I was more partial to MFM with your hard disk modification even
              > though that required an extra step to import/export to .dsk images. The
              > reason being that most of my TI diskettes are 720K (DSQD), and a larger
              > capacity disk was required to contain the file.

              > IIRC I wasn't able to use CD-Commander on my Geneve where the SCSI
              > CD-ROM drive resides. Was this resolved or might it be a problem like I
              > have with SCSI together with IDE on my GenMod Geneve? I have the
              > PFM512K+ Geneve in the system now, so I should try both situations with
              > it--time allowing. However, I'm very busy these days with multiple TI
              > hobby projects in process.

              > Looking forward to your new releases.

              > Bill
            • Ernest Pergrem
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 28, 2007
                Wolfgang,
                I'm not sure what your message means, but are you talking about using
                CD-Commander & CD-Manager with an IDE card, or are you saying that it
                should still work with both a SCSI and IDE card in the expansion box?

                Fred's IDE DSR uses a modified version of the subroutines (>8x,
                rather than >2x).

                Ernie

                > the RAM, NOT to the VDP RAM.
                >
                > I don't own neither a Geneve nor an IDE controller, so I can't test
                > it here. Maybe you or somebody else of the group can give me more
                > hints to solve the problem.
                >

                > Greetings from Germany
                >
                > Errorfree
                > (Wolfgang)
              • Errorfree
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 28, 2007
                  Hello Ernie,

                  yes, I thought it should work with SCSI or IDE cards. But I newer
                  recognized that it is possible to have both cards in one p-box. So it
                  could not work because my program fix use p-PAB >0110 to read disks
                  and p-PAB >0120 to read SCSI sectors. So I need more information from
                  Fred how to read sectors from IDE and how to recognize which card is
                  meant.

                  Thanks a lot for this important hint. Maybe CD-Commander 2.0 will be
                  one of the new projects ;-)

                  Greetings from Germany

                  Errorfree
                  (Wolfgang)

                  mailto:errorfree@...

                  ************************************

                  Deine Mitteilung vom Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2007 um 16:15 lautet:

                  > Wolfgang,
                  > I'm not sure what your message means, but are you talking about using
                  > CD-Commander & CD-Manager with an IDE card, or are you saying that it
                  > should still work with both a SCSI and IDE card in the expansion box?

                  > Fred's IDE DSR uses a modified version of the subroutines (>8x,
                  rather than >>2x).

                  > Ernie

                  >> the RAM, NOT to the VDP RAM.
                  >>
                  >> I don't own neither a Geneve nor an IDE controller, so I can't test
                  >> it here. Maybe you or somebody else of the group can give me more
                  >> hints to solve the problem.
                  >>

                  >> Greetings from Germany
                  >>
                  >> Errorfree
                  >> (Wolfgang)
                • Sullivan, Bill
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 28, 2007
                    Wolfgang,

                    It will be quite some time before I can queue up CD-Commander for
                    testing on my Geneve as I'm very busy these days doing software
                    development. While doing this I don't like to mess with good working
                    hardware, as I tend to screw things up, and then it takes days to get it
                    back to where it was, so I can use it for software development again.

                    I like to assemble the source on the Geneve because it's so much
                    faster. I copy it to diskette for transferring to the TI-99/4P
                    (SNUG-TI) for testing and debug operations. Serious bugs require moving
                    EA3 object files and EA5 image files to PC99 emulator on Win98SE where
                    the debug mode is marvelously displayed on 17" VGA monitor. Final
                    testing will be done on real 4A, real 4P, PC99 and MESS emulators as
                    256K or more AMS/SAMS memory is required.

                    Bill

                    Errorfree wrote:

                    > Hello Bill,
                    >
                    > CD-Commander should run on a Geneve with SCSI Controller, because the
                    > program use the standard text2(80clm) mode with disk DSR buffers in
                    > VDP bank 0, the screen tables in VDP bank 1 and several other buffers
                    > in bank 2 till 4. The program itself takes place in the HiMem at >A100.
                    > TO read from CD the program use the standard low-level routine
                    > SECTOR READ. For this it should also work with an IDE controller, if
                    > it returns every time 2048byte sectors, independent from the value in
                    > the I/O PAB. And yes, the DSR MUST return the sector datas directly to
                    > the RAM, NOT to the VDP RAM.
                    >
                    > I don't own neither a Geneve nor an IDE controller, so I can't test
                    > it here. Maybe you or somebody else of the group can give me more
                    > hints to solve the problem.
                    >
                    > Greetings from Germany
                    >
                    > Errorfree
                    > (Wolfgang)
                    >
                    > mailto:errorfree@... <mailto:errorfree%40web.de>
                    >
                    > ************************************
                    >
                    > Deine Mitteilung vom Samstag, 27. Oktober 2007 um 17:50 lautet:
                    >
                    > > Hi Wolfgang,
                    >
                    > > Good to see your presence here again, and to hear that you will be
                    > > active and working on new projects. Although I have the original
                    > > DSKBACKUP, of several years ago, I mostly use TI99-PC these days. Back
                    > > then I was more partial to MFM with your hard disk modification even
                    > > though that required an extra step to import/export to .dsk images. The
                    > > reason being that most of my TI diskettes are 720K (DSQD), and a larger
                    > > capacity disk was required to contain the file.
                    >
                    > > IIRC I wasn't able to use CD-Commander on my Geneve where the SCSI
                    > > CD-ROM drive resides. Was this resolved or might it be a problem like I
                    > > have with SCSI together with IDE on my GenMod Geneve? I have the
                    > > PFM512K+ Geneve in the system now, so I should try both situations with
                    > > it--time allowing. However, I'm very busy these days with multiple TI
                    > > hobby projects in process.
                    >
                    > > Looking forward to your new releases.
                    >
                    > > Bill

                  • Errorfree
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 29, 2007
                      Hello,

                      the first mail didn't come trough, so here's again.
                      I don't know why, but I know it. It seems to be a conflict between
                      Yahoo and web.de, my provider.

                      Yours

                      Wolfgang