Cassette to Disk

  • Ernest Pergrem
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      I'm have a fair amount of programs on cassette that I
      would like to move to disk.

      I have the McGovern CASSTRANS program which is fairly
      decent, but was hoping there might be others. Maybe
      even one that would do all of the files on the
      cassette without user intervention.

      If you have a favorite, would you please let me know
      what it is, and maybe (if it wouldn't violate any
      copyright laws) upload a copy to WHTech's FTP site so
      I could grab it?

      Thanks,
      Ernie

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • ben_yates_iii
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
        --- In ti99-4a@y..., Ernest Pergrem <epergrem@y...> wrote:
        > I'm have a fair amount of programs on cassette that I
        > would like to move to disk.
        >
        > I have the McGovern CASSTRANS program which is fairly
        > decent, but was hoping there might be others. Maybe
        > even one that would do all of the files on the
        > cassette without user intervention.
        >
        > If you have a favorite, would you please let me know
        > what it is, and maybe (if it wouldn't violate any
        > copyright laws) upload a copy to WHTech's FTP site so
        > I could grab it?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ernie

        There was a review of such in one of my Micropendiums (somewhere
        around 1988 or 89) that did ALL on a disk. I don't remember the name
        off the top of my head, but if I find the review I'll let you know.
      • ben_yates_iii
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
          --- In ti99-4a@y..., "ben_yates_iii" <ben_yates_iii@y...> wrote:
          > --- In ti99-4a@y..., Ernest Pergrem <epergrem@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm have a fair amount of programs on cassette that I
          > > would like to move to disk.
          > >
          > > I have the McGovern CASSTRANS program which is fairly
          > > decent, but was hoping there might be others. Maybe
          > > even one that would do all of the files on the
          > > cassette without user intervention.
          > >
          > > If you have a favorite, would you please let me know
          > > what it is, and maybe (if it wouldn't violate any
          > > copyright laws) upload a copy to WHTech's FTP site so
          > > I could grab it?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Ernie
          >
          > There was a review of such in one of my Micropendiums (somewhere
          > around 1988 or 89) that did ALL on a disk. I don't remember the
          name
          > off the top of my head, but if I find the review I'll let you know.

          Well, I think I meant it moved all to a disk or the other way as
          well. But don't hold your breath, my memory ain't what it used to be
          (although I read the review less than a month ago)...
        • Jon Guidry
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
            Ernie,

            Have you tried DiskIt? That's how I got a lot of my old cassette stuff
            to disk. I believe it was on one of the PC99 disks you converted for
            me. If you can't find it, let me know.

            Thanks!
            Jon