Looking for volunteers to convert disks

  • epergrem
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
      I have a substantial number of disks that I received from Terrie
      Masters and Mickey Cendrowski that I have been converting to PC99's
      dsk format. Unfortunately it seems like I'm not making much of a
      dent.
      I'm looking for a few volunteers to assist in the effort. You need
      to own a copy of PC99 and the disks, you copy, are once they've been
      converted. I'll even pay shipping costs on the disks. If you are
      interested please send me private e-mail.
      Thanks,
      Ernie
    • Ernest Pergrem
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
        Sorry, should have done a better job of proofreading.

        > and the disks, you copy, are once they've been
        > converted.

        should have read "and the disks you copy, are yours
        once they've been converted.

        Ernie

        http://greetings.yahoo.com/
      • david.connery@att.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
          I'll call you tonight Ernie.

          --
          Dave

          > I have a substantial number of disks that I received from Terrie
          > Masters and Mickey Cendrowski that I have been converting to PC99's
          > dsk format. Unfortunately it seems like I'm not making much of a
          > dent.
          > I'm looking for a few volunteers to assist in the effort. You need
          > to own a copy of PC99 and the disks, you copy, are once they've been
          > converted. I'll even pay shipping costs on the disks. If you are
          > interested please send me private e-mail.
          > Thanks,
          > Ernie
          >

          > For users/owners of TI-99/4A and compatibles everywhere!

          Get the award winning ISP, AT&T WorldNet Service
          http://download.att.net/webtag
        • Brian Tristam Williams
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
            On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:14:40 -0000
            "epergrem" <epergrem@...> wrote:
            > I have a substantial number of disks that I received from
            > Terrie Masters

            Do you know how to reach the legendary Terrie Masters?

            Brian Tristam Williams

            Johannesburg,
            South Africa

            ==
            Brought to you by Ananzi Shopping for specials, competitions and free goodies!
            [http://www.ananzishopping.co.za]
          • Lew King
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2002
              Hi Ernie

              Will an older version of PC99 work for this project.
              Specifically stage 3 from 1996?

              Lew
            • Lew King
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2002
                On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:01:01PM -0500, swim4home@... wrote: > Hi
                Lew, nice to see your type once again on the OLUG. :-)

                > Thanks Richard.

                Mainly I answered a post to see if it would work. Because, I had sent a
                private email to you, Bob Carmany, and Bruce harrison, and they all 3
                bounced with "data errors". And, all 3 were to aol accounts, hmm.

                Hope Tom doesn't mind a little off topic stuff while I get things
                configured so I can talk to OLUG members both on and off the list.

                Lew
              • swim4home@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2002

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2002
                    Hi Lew,
                    Great to hear from you. Yes, as long as it has the
                    RSECTOR and WSECTOR utilities so you can transfer from
                    TI -> PC in .dsk format.
                    Ernie

                    > Will an older version of PC99 work for this
                    > project.
                    > Specifically stage 3 from 1996?

                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                  • Lew King
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 4, 2002
                      Yep, have those 2 utilities Ernie. Will try a couple of disks to see how it
                      works, and get back to you. Wasn't sure if the .dsk format had changed.

                      Lew

                      On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:38:58AM -0800, Ernest Pergrem wrote:
                      > Hi Lew,
                      > Great to hear from you. Yes, as long as it has the
                      > RSECTOR and WSECTOR utilities so you can transfer from
                      > TI -> PC in .dsk format.
                      > Ernie
                      >

                      > > Will an older version of PC99 work for this
                      > > project.
                      > > Specifically stage 3 from 1996?

                    • bmpete
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 18, 2002
                        --- In ti99-4a@y..., "epergrem" <epergrem@y...> wrote:

                        >I'm looking for a few volunteers to assist in the effort. You need
                        >to own a copy of

                        With Paolo's program TI99-PC, you don't need PC99
                      • Ernest Pergrem
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 19, 2002
                          > With Paolo's program TI99-PC, you don't need PC99

                          You do, to participate in the project.
                          Thanks,
                          Ernie

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                        • epergrem
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 21, 2002
                            It's been a couple of weeks since I posted the original so I'll do it
                            once more before I respond to the 4 volunteers that I've heard from
                            so far.

                            I have a number of disks (several thousand) that I received from
                            Mickey Cendrowski and Terrie Masters. I have converted a number of
                            these to PC99 .dsk format and would like to do so with the remaining
                            ones. Unfortunately it will take me another 2 years or so at the
                            current pace.

                            I am looking for some volunteers to help me with the balance. You
                            must own a copy of PC99, specifically RSECTOR and WSECTOR. a drive
                            capable of DSSD and 1 or more DSDD drives. A CD burner or ZIP drive
                            would really be nice, but not required.

                            I will pay postage for the disks that I ship you. Once the
                            conversion process is complete you may keep the disks. You will also
                            receive a CD with copies of any disks that were converted by myself
                            and the other volunteers.

                            Please contact me, via private email, if you are interested.
                            Thanks,
                            Ernie
                          • Ernest Pergrem
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 20, 2002
                              Hi All,
                              I've notified some of you personally, but for those
                              others who volunteered to help me convert the disks to
                              PC99 .dsk format the project is on hold until late
                              June or early July.

                              My company is doing a massive rollout of a new CRM
                              product and I'll be involved with the training for the
                              next month or two. So far I have one day scheduled out
                              of the class room between now and June 24th, and
                              that's Memorial Day. I love the job security, but my
                              hobbies take the hit.

                              BTW, if you own a copy of PC99 and would like to
                              volunteer I'd be glad to have your assistance. You
                              can keep all of the disks that you convert (you just
                              send me the converted .dsk files) and receive a copy
                              of files the other volunteers have converted.

                              Thanks,
                              Ernie

                              LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                              http://launch.yahoo.com