Tassie Tiger rug

  • tassytigerclone
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
      A friend in Australia sent me info on a Thylacine skin rug due to be
      auctioned off soon in Tasmania. It's been in the owner's family for
      generations and really is quite valuable. Try the following url to
      view the article.... I'm not sure how long this news item will be
      available before it's yanked.

      http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/19/1029114078132.html

      The proposed sale is generating quite a bit of interest... the
      Tassie government might try to get it. This thing wouldn't look out
      of place at the Cascade Brewery Museum... the company should spend
      whatever is necessary to acquire it... at least folks would be able
      to see it... better than being locked away out of sight in someone's
      private collection.

      TTC
    • thylacines_forever
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
        Wow! That's really amazing. Thank-you so much for sharing. Also,
        September 7th, the date of Benjamin's death, is fast approaching.
        I'll have something nice to post then... hopefully. Please, everyone,
        plan something for that day! Thanks!