Re: well...

  • maskedplover
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      A good Idea you have there Jenna.
      You on the right track with a good start but I'm afraid a little more
      than just a website is needed.

      You may or may not know the Thylacine is already extinct!
      The only way of 'saving' this amazing creature is by the technology
      of cloning. Hence we wouldn't actually be saving the Thylacine, we
      would really be digging up its grave.

      I have always been fascinated by this animal, furthermore the fact
      that Im an Australian influences my interest more so.
      The thylacine is one of the least known animals to have ever existed
      and it is unsuprising how little people know about this creature.
      I always thought that it was only Australians and scientists who
      cared for this creature, but obviously not.

      A good website with information about Thylacines is
      http://www.amonline.net.au/thylacine/ that website is of the
      Australian museum, and it discusses the process of reviving the
      thylacine. (I have actually been in the labs of the Austmuseum and
      seen some of the cloning process first hand, i even got to see some
      preserved Thylacines!)

      **A note for the moderator of this site is do something about the
      spam!Im sure you could stop it somehow, ask yahoo for info on how to
      stop it.

      Cheers,

      Kurtis Lindsay 17
      Sydney, Australia

      --- In thylacinesforever@yahoogroups.com, williams_jenna
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > if we want to do something to save the thylacines, i sudgest we
      start
      > communicating. What if we set up a fund and post it on the
      internet?
      > and send it to our friends and send picture of the animals to. We
      could
      > also start a really big website about them. But we will need the
      best
      > members on this, who work well with the internet, to do this. Maybe
      we
      > could play music on it... if you still go to school you can put up
      > fliers in the hallyways, on telephone poles and go to door to door
      > handing them out. If you want to be sucsessful in this might as
      well do
      > it, im just here to help : ).
      >
      > Leopardpaw
      >
      > p.s thats my nickname, on another group of mine.

    • Kristin Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        I finally got around to making one!!! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enueNx8SlCE

        now.