Wabash Update

  • greg losh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2010
       Looks like we will be riding the Wabash this week. We should be able to get the grading and trees cleaned up tonight. This is the last week that Clint will own the Steakhouse. I spoke to the new owner, he has to finish his work contract at his current job. He will be joining us on Thursday very soon. The weather looks good during the day with temps in the high 40's-50's on the way home. Charge your lights, air your tires, bring gloves and a jacket. I have the current 2010 trail passes or you can get them at almost every bike shop in Council Bluffs/Omaha. See you Tonight or Thursday. Greg Losh

    • greg losh
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2013
         Good New, the film crew that is working out on the Wabash has commented to making a very nice donation to the trail as a thank you. Wednesday we still need 50 riders that can show up at 10:30 am at the Council Bluffs trail head and do some riding so the crew can get some shots of cyclist riding. They will feed us for helping. Please comment if you can help so I can get a count how many can make it.
        Thursday Taco Ride will have a little different format this week. We will head straight down to Mineola. The film crew will have free food at Tobey Jack's Mineola Steakhouse for the first 300 Taco Riders and the Bar has $1.00 beers and $2.00 Margaritas. They are doing some filming that afternoon and night. Please share and pass this along, we need a nice turn out and the film crews donation will go a long way to help the funding that keeps the trail operating.