Re: [thrower] Re: Roy, the half spin man

  • Roy Hutchison
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2003
      Jason

      I did an article for Scott, you will find it in his past newsletters, about my many
      years at half-spinning.
      Like everything else its an aquired skill, it takes time to learn to throw for the SEEN
      distance, so dont get fed up, keep at it.
      Some knives are more suitable than others, but you will soon find out which is
      best for you.
      Ive been throwing like that for, er, er er, 56 years. (that hurt) so mail me if you need any help, offline if need be.

      Roy L
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
        D P ED

        I asked for that. But its not as bad as it sounds. I started throwing at
        6 months of age, when I found I could half-spin my pacifier and stick it up
        my moms nose from two feet.

        Roy L

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
          Well, Roy, nice to talk to you again, wish you can find a bit more of time for throwing, one day wanna watch these long ramge half spins, I don think my way is better, I believe the better way is the one tha fits best, in your case, your style.
          Um abraço, amigo
          Dalmo

          Roy Hutchison <royhutchison@...> wrote:
          Dalmo

          I dont use an office as such. All my area is taken up by machines, I use a room at home for paperwork but its very small, too small for throwing.
          Like I said, time is my problem, and I do have a throwing range in my home
          workshop.
          You are probably better off throwing the established way. Long range half
          spins are very self punishing and hard for accuracy. I would say that
          recreational throwers only are better off with long half spins cause you aint
          gonna be able to enter into competition with that type of throw. Anyway,
          what do I know.

          Keep well, brazilian buddy Dalmo.

          Roy L
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
            Hi Guys

            If any of you have info on different ways to do long half spin throws could you send it to me please

            Jason

          • Ed
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004

              At 06:09 PM 7/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:

              >Jason
              >
              >I did an article for Scott, you will find it in his past newsletters,
              >about my many
              >years at half-spinning.
              >Like everything else its an aquired skill, it takes time to learn
              >to throw for the SEEN
              >distance, so dont get fed up, keep at it.
              >Some knives are more suitable than others, but you will soon find out which is
              >best for you.
              >Ive been throwing like that for, er, er er, 56 years. (that hurt) so
              >mail me if you need any help, offline if need be.
              >
              >Roy L

            • Chad Wilson
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
                  oopsie!
                  Chad you're right! My penance is 40 more hours of
                  the discovery channel this week. (hehe love it)
                  I forgot...

                  Stone Age
                  Iron Age
                  Roy