Re: Sad News

  • bcarl001
    Message 1 of 26 , May 2, 2003
      The news of Kristi's death was a shock to me. I've had friends in
      the past who have died from automobile accidents and it's always hard
      news to take. I briefly got to know her in the two days at Lee's
      house and regret that I didn't have time to get to know her better.
      As far as her hawk throwing ability...she had the talent to kick most
      anyone's butt!
      She had brains, personality, and talent. What a tragic loss.

      --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Fugatt" <lpndolfn@c...> wrote:
      > This is the first I have heard of this Chad. Thank you for passing
      it on.
      > I have known Kristi for years and she was the first woman to
      compete in the
      > the Hurlathon up here in Redding. She was a lovely lady and I will
      grieve.
      > I am not on this list you spoke of and would not have known. Many
      of the
      > old timers on this list knew her and will be aware of the terrible
      loss to
      > the world of a gifted scientist, lovely lady and fellow thrower.
      Lee Fugatt
      > ( Fugar, West Kingdom, Beastwodeshire)

      Forbes,
      > > our own sweet Lady Kristabel who did so much for thrown weapons,
      was
      > > in a major car accident on Saturday night. She has died. There
      were
      > > two others in the car: Kristi's husband, George Dunfield (SCA:
      Ariel
      > > Ebbon, Royal Archer of the West Kingdom) was not seriously hurt
      and
      > > also Kristi's good friend, Cassie Conley, a scientist at NASA
      Ames,
      > > is in intensive care with cracked vertebrae and liver damage.
      They
      > > were headed from an event, Westermark feast, in San Mateo to
      Kristi
      > > and George's house in Sacramento for the night before heading to
      war
      > > practice on Sunday. The accident happened on highway 99 around
      > > midnight. Right now I know no other details of the accident
      itself,
      > > except that it has devastatingly deprived us of Kristi. I will
      pass
      > > along any info I get concerning memorial services. All my current
      > > information comes from Alessandro on the Shire of Crosston (the
      group
      > > we were both in out in CA) list. Sorry to have to report this.
      > > I'm in such shock. Kristi was a brilliant scientist with a kind
      > > soul. With a heavy heart,
      > > -Bianca
      > >

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • John Bailey
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 20, 2004
        Today we have received some very bad news. Pat Minter, possibly the most
        accurate knife thrower in the world was in a severe auto accident, in which
        his wife, Georgia, was killed. Monika and I are deeply saddened by the loss
        of this positively wonderful lady.

        Pat sustained injuries to both hands,knees and abdomen, however I don't
        have the complete details. He is at home right now. There will be some
        sugary required. I'm sure that he would appreciate any condolences you may
        offer. His address is:

        Pat Minter
        16212 Hwy 42
        Selby, Alabama 35143
        phone: (205) 670-0250

        I am sure we will all support Pat in any way we can and our prayers will be
        with him and the rest of the family.

        Sincerely

        John & Monika Bailey

        John L. Bailey President, World Knife Throwers Guild, Inc. (Florida)
        EMail: bahamajohn@... Web Page : www.throwingknives.com
        How long you live, has nothing to do with how long you're dead, but what you
        believe has a lot to do with where you'll head. (j.bailey).
      • PROFLY001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 21, 2004
          In a message dated 1/21/2004 12:51:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          bahamajohn@... writes:
          Today we have received some very bad news. Pat Minter, possibly the most
          accurate knife thrower in the world was in a severe auto accident, in which
          his wife, Georgia, was killed. Monika and I are deeply saddened by the loss
          of this positively wonderful lady.

          Pat sustained injuries to both hands,knees and abdomen, however I don't
          have the complete details. He is at home right now. There will be some
          sugary required. I'm sure that he would appreciate any condolences you may
          offer. His address is:

          Pat Minter
          16212 Hwy 42
          Selby, Alabama 35143
          phone: (205) 670-0250

          I am sure we will all support Pat in any way we can and our prayers will be
          with him and the rest of the family.

          Sincerely

          John & Monika Bailey
          Our sincere condolences go out to the Pat and his family. What a tragedy.
          We always enjoyed their company during their visits to our home. Georgia was
          a beautiful person. She will be missed.

          Bobby and Brenda Branton

          Bobby Branton
          Branton Knife Company
          843-928-3624 or 843-991-0891
          www.brantonknives.com
          www.akta-usa.com

          Life is like a grindstone --
          Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up
          depends on what you're made of.

        • The Rev. Dr. David R. Adamovich
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 21, 2004
            It saddens me to hear of Pat's accident and incomporable loss. As a friend
            and co-competitor of Pat it goes without question that he is the BEST, most
            accurate, consistent and fiercest competitor I have ever known. NO ONE will
            ever follow in his footsteps, I wish him a speedy recovery.

            In a moment of reflection for his wife Georgia, whether you knew her or not, I
            offer the following:

            UPON THE SEASHORE

            I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to
            the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty
            and strength. I stand and watch until at last, she hangs like a speck of white
            cloud, just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then
            someone at my side says, "There she goes!"

            Gone where? Gone from my sight...that is all. She is just as large in mast and
            hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her
            load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me,
            not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There she
            goes!" there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to
            take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

            We'll miss you Georgia.
          • throwinthunder@aol.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 21, 2004
              Hi David.
              I have never meet Pat, or his wife Georgia. I only know of them through
              conversations from all you big hearted knife guys and gals out there. I only
              hope that he can find peace in his loss. I am sure he will have lots of
              support from you folks in the knife world. Pat, I will say a prayer for you and ask
              God to give you the strength you will need to heal and help with the loss of
              your wife.
              Kevin R
              All the best,
              Throwin' Thunder.

              Afford the time
              and time will reward you!
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                Hi Everyone

                I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad shape.
                He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.

                Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.

                Sincerely
                Bill Page
              • brknfthr@aol.com
                Message 7 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                  Bill I hope you know that our heartfelt condolences go out to you in your
                  time of grief, your Dad was a man among men and someone I considered a friend
                  (even though he did take my Tomahawk Trophy in Austin) he will be sorely
                  missed!

                  Joe Darrah

                • Ron Thomas
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                    Bill,

                    Shereen and I are truely sorry to hear that your father has left us. He was an inspiration to us and how we could live our life as fully as possible, all the way to the end. We both wish you our best, and you are correct, he has gone to a better place.

                    Ron and Shereen

                    Bill <bowyer38@...> wrote:
                    Hi Everyone

                    I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                    morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad shape.
                    He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.

                    Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                    ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                    Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                    sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.

                    Sincerely
                    Bill Page

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Cathy
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                      Bill,

                      Unfortunately, I haven't been in this group long enough to have met
                      your father, but from what I hear, he sounds like he was a wonderful man.

                      I can't even tell you how sorry I am about your loss, and although I
                      wish there were more words to say, please know you have my deepest
                      condolensces.

                      You & your family will truly be in my thoughts & prayers.

                      God be with, and strengthen you, Bill ~

                      Cathy

                    • KNIFETHRWR@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                        Dear Bill,
                        My sincere condolences on the loss of your father. Such sad news indeedd. Our thoughts are with you in this trying time. He was a wonderful man. It was a pleasure meeting him in Austin.
                        Rick & Tonya Lemberg

                        Message 11 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                          Hey Bill,

                          I know I talked with you on the phone, but I wanted to add this after
                          reading your note.

                          We weren't being kind. Meeting and knowing your pop was an honor. Watching him
                          and throwing with him was an honor. He was a great guy - and one of us - a
                          brother of
                          the knife. With his loss we are all the poorer and we will miss him as we
                          would miss any
                          of our brothers or sisters.

                          My heart goes out to you & your family for his loss. And my prayers are
                          with you
                          all.

                          Ed

                          At 10:56 PM 5/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:

                          >Hi Everyone
                          >
                          >I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                          >morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad shape.
                          >He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.
                          >
                          >Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                          >ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                          >Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                          >sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.
                          >
                          >Sincerely
                          >Bill Page

                        • John Bailey
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                            Hi Bill:

                            I'm sorry to hear about your father. Our prayers will be with you and your
                            family.

                          • Kirk Bass
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                              You and your family will be in our prayers. I know my dad really
                              enjoyed talking to him in atlanta. He will be missed.

                              Geronimo
                              Kirk Bass

                              --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bowyer38@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone
                              >
                              > I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                              > morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad
                              shape.
                              > He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.
                              >
                              > Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through
                              this
                              > ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                              > Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                              > sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.
                              >
                              > Sincerely
                              > Bill Page

                            • John Taylor
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 13, 2006
                                Bill,

                                I've only ever "met " you on this list, in the online challenge you started.

                                When I throw the knives I often think of you and yours.

                                As someone who lost his mother last year, I grieve with your loss.

                                Remember the good times.

                                Big John

                                Bill <bowyer38@...> wrote:
                                Hi Everyone

                                I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                                morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad shape.
                                He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.

                                Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                                ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                                Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                                sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.

                                Sincerely
                                Bill Page

                                Sport nutrition Self defense Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Throwing knives Extreme sports

                                ---------------------------------

                              • Cliff Hill
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 14, 2006
                                  --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bowyer38@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Everyone
                                  >
                                  > I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                                  > morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad
                                  shape.
                                  > He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.
                                  >
                                  > Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                                  > ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                                  > Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                                  > sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.
                                  >
                                  > Sincerely
                                  > Bill Page

                                • Cliff Hill
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 14, 2006
                                    Bill,
                                    Indeed this is sad news! But I want to thank you for posting it
                                    here and allowing us the chance to say good bye to our friend. We will
                                    miss him!! awol

                                    --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bowyer38@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi Everyone
                                    >
                                    > I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                                    > morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad
                                    shape.
                                    > He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.
                                    >
                                    > Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                                    > ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                                    > Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                                    > sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.
                                    >
                                    > Sincerely
                                    > Bill Page

                                  • dalmo mariano da silva junior
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 14, 2006
                                      Bill
                                      My condolences for you and your familly.
                                      My father Also died of strokes, after spending 6 years in a wheelchair.
                                      It makes us feel a confusion of feellings, cause we know for them it was a kind of release, but we miss them anyway.
                                      Um abraço,
                                      Dalmo

                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 14, 2006
                                        sorry about your loss bill i shall pray for him . thanks for the info god bless 1/2 spin

                                        d.f.jester@... or d.f.jester@...

                                      • Tim Bass
                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 15, 2006
                                          Bill,

                                          I am very sorry to hear that. Your father was a true gentleman
                                          and I consider it an honor to have known him. You and your family will be
                                          in our prayers. Take care my friend.

                                          Tim Bass

                                          _____

                                          I just wanted to let you know that my father passed away early this
                                          morning. He had several strokes that had left him in really bad shape.
                                          He has now gone to a better place but he will be sorely missed.

                                          Thank you all for being so kind to my father and myself through this
                                          ordeal. He was very happy in the short time he spent with you in
                                          Austin and in Atlanta. I know he considered you all as brothers and
                                          sisters of the knife and he was proud to be a part of that.

                                          Sincerely
                                          Bill Page

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sport+nutrition&w1=Sport+nutrition&w2=S
                                          elf+defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=Throwing+kniv
                                          es&w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=C5xDEsCH2vpYwTxkbI_kUQ"Sport nutrition

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Self+defense&w1=Sport+nutrition&w2=Self
                                          +defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=Throwing+knives&
                                          w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=2NDrXzA43e7Z5Jozqm_Q6w"Self defense

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w1=Sport+nu
                                          trition&w2=Self+defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=T
                                          hrowing+knives&w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=8OPYoKdKp2LskzhFpdL0lg"Sport
                                          s nutrition supplement

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sport+fishing&w1=Sport+nutrition&w2=Sel
                                          f+defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=Throwing+knives
                                          &w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=-s7gZvbKwIOjsiNIqm0QKA"Sport fishing

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Throwing+knives&w1=Sport+nutrition&w2=S
                                          elf+defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=Throwing+kniv
                                          es&w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=krwEnChQfap6VKyA3AgwDQ"Throwing knives

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Extreme+sports&w1=Sport+nutrition&w2=Se
                                          lf+defense&w3=Sports+nutrition+supplement&w4=Sport+fishing&w5=Throwing+knive
                                          s&w6=Extreme+sports&c=6&s=132&.sig=ByYpoSM9zcRGb3pJZbF37w"Extreme sports

                                          _____

                                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                          * Visit your group "HYPERLINK
                                          "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thrower"thrower" on the web.

                                          HYPERLINK
                                          "mailto:thrower-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe"thrower-unsu
                                          bscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                          _____

                                          Message 20 of 26 , May 15, 2006
                                            Sorry for your loss Bill.

                                            Your Dad was a real nice guy. I remember when he beat JoeD at a throw
                                            in Austin!!

                                            -Ricochet->