Re: [thrower] Throwing in florida

  • michael bainton
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi Scott
      Thanks for the email wish I could of posted a couple
      of pictures of my new knife range I will try to post
      some again when it is finished. I am really looking
      forward to seeing John Bailey next week I just
      received his two collector knives from Boker and they
      are wonderfull. I have over 300 hundred students and
      most of them are anxious to start throwing knives. My
      web site is www.bakido.com and my email is
      cinch303@...

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • Deborah Quinlan
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
        gRrrrrr..

        I'm jealous....I want heat too.
        Hey, I'm having a housewarming in about 2 months
        time...anybody want to come? (no throwing indoors
        please!)

        Cheers
        Deb

        --- Scott Gracia <sgracia@...> wrote: > Hi
        Mike,

        > You'll have a great time at "The Bailey Range"! I
        > went there last Summer and
        > had a blast! We threw at bulletproof glass,
        > grapefruit, logs, planks, you
        > name it!
        > John is the king of "recreational" knife throwing :)
        >
        > Just bring a portable fan or something to hook to
        > the brim of your hat
        > because its Tropical there!
        >
        > Scott

        =====
        "Violence is the first resort of the incompetent"

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Lee Fugatt
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
          I would love to come Debikin! As, I am sure, would all of us! I could show
          you how to make a bola out of twice baked scones. Of course there is the
          wee small problem of the plane fare!! Have you moved to the country or to
          another part of town? Lee
          > Hey, I'm having a housewarming in about 2 months
          > time...anybody want to come? (no throwing indoors
          > please!)
          >
          > Cheers
          > Deb
          >

          > --- Scott Gracia <sgracia@...> wrote: > Hi
          > Mike,
          > >
          > > You'll have a great time at "The Bailey Range"! I
          > > went there last Summer and
          > > had a blast! We threw at bulletproof glass,
          > > grapefruit, logs, planks, you
          > > name it!
          > > John is the king of "recreational" knife throwing :)
          > >
          > > Just bring a portable fan or something to hook to
          > > the brim of your hat
          > > because its Tropical there!
          > >
          > > Scott

        • Deborah Quinlan
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
            Lee,

            Most INS sites still state they need or somebody
            sponsoring you, or a 4 year college degree (I'm in my
            second, but I"m doing it next to work, so it might
            take a while), so I'm afraid to say it's a (hopefully_
            safer part of town, Stockport to be exact.

            http://www.rightmove.co.uk/rm/s/rm/template/publicsite%2Cbuying%2CPropertyDetails.vm/nc/1012751819757/svr/1035?p_id=246856&pa_n=1

            I understand the problems of fares, but if you or
            anybody else comes, we can pick you up and provide you
            with a spot to dos down! Just let me know what your
            favorite drink is...

            Cheers
            Deb

            --- Lee Fugatt <lpndolfn@...> wrote: > I would
            love to come Debikin! As, I am sure, would
            > all of us! I could show
            > you how to make a bola out of twice baked scones.
            > Of course there is the
            > wee small problem of the plane fare!! Have you
            > moved to the country or to
            > another part of town? Lee

            === message truncated ===

            =====

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
              I am guessin' there is a slight language skew here! :-) "Move to the
              country" here in the mountains of Narthern California means to go live
              outside of town where there are cows and stuff. Do you mean that you have
              to have a 4 year degree to be nieghbors with sheep? Here in the states you
              can live next door to sheep with only a Certificate of Completion from a
              local sweater shop (Jumpers eh!) As to Stockport being safer, I sure hope
              so! It is a real booger to live in constant fear that you might have to
              hurt somebody who is dumb enough to try and attack you on the streets. :-)

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2002
                Lee, definatly language shenanigans. I assumed you
                meant into your country as in immigration. However,
                even here you do not need a four year degree to bunk
                down with sheep...you can find them in any office. ;-)
                No, while I love the country, I will stay
                intown...grr...

                with only a Certificate
                > of Completion from a
                > local sweater shop (Jumpers eh!)

                I think I'll skip the local sweat shop instead of
                jumping it ;-)

                As to Stockport
                > being safer, I sure hope
                > so! It is a real booger to live in constant fear
                > that you might have to
                > hurt somebody who is dumb enough to try and attack
                > you on the streets. :-)

                They shot a girl after stealing her mobile last week
                in this area. I'm not happy here ... ;-)
                although they have left our house alone since we
                threatened the neighbourhood mothers with a court
                action if they don't keep their darling brats out of
                our garden, and I hung up a 16 inch black and
                blood-red pentagram in the window....they don't yet
                know about my throwing..lol.
                But right now, even if you give your stuff if being
                threatened you're likely to be hurt....so I definatly
                would do my best to prevent it.

                Cheers
                Deb

                =====
                "Violence is the first resort of the incompetent"

                http://uk.my.yahoo.com
              • Philip West
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                  On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:43:25 +0000 (GMT) Deborah Quinlan
                  <starchilde2001@...> wrote:

                  > gRrrrrr..
                  >
                  > I'm jealous....I want heat too.

                  On the other paw, many of the colonials need snow ploughs to reach
                  their cars -at least we have this nice wind to blow the snow and rain away.

                  > Hey, I'm having a housewarming in about 2 months
                  > time...anybody want to come? (no throwing indoors
                  > please!)

                  Might just take you up on that
                  Phil

                  phil.west@...
                • Craig A Barrett
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 4, 2002
                    I've been lurking on this list for a while, but thought I'd throw (pun intended) my two cents worth in as well...
                    When I was travelling all over the world in the military, I've lived any number of "interesting" places (sounds a lot like your local neighborhood).
                    Whenever I move into a new area, I always setup my throwing targets in the front yard for about two weeks, and then move them to the back. After the neighbor kids watch me throw, and the local gang members determine that I'm crazier than they are, I can report that I've never had my house broken into or any act of vandalism done to my property. 'Course once I explained to them that not having guns and using knives is much quieter, they quickly understood that I don't have nearly as much trouble in hiding the bodies... Like I said, no problems!! :)
                    BTW, could Lee or someone send me some information on making Atlatl darts. I think that I'm the only person in the Kansas City area to get one for Christmas. Thanks

                    "Panic, chaos, and disorder...my work here is done!"