Right Tool, Right Time, Right place,

  • Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
      G'Day,

      Something for most on this site to give some thought to, reading add's for surfski used 3 times used for two months, I am not comfortable? why will every thing in life have to be comfortable today? Then For sale? most have no idear what there getting into buying a surfski before trying one for some time before buying one.
      FACT,there is no wonderfull Fast,Stable,surfski made today or I am going to be great on this surfski be cause some one tell's me so, there all a bit of work depending were you paddle and Talent, there all costly today to use a few months a year or a few day's a month.
      it is hard for most of us to find any one's surfski that will work well for most all conditions with out great talent,and great Talent on a surfski is rare in most places, so now you have two surfski's mabe three? after a few years say it suck's and buy a house boat and go fishing.
      people today at least on mainland u.s. seem to tend to flat water use for the most part on a surfski raceing for fun, and it is fun but really not what a surf ski was made to do so we have a shift in thinking as in let's run race's on flat so we may get more people on ski's, let's paddle on cold water a few months a year and this is again fine but will not last for the long and becomes boring.
      people seem to not know any longer there is a right place, right time, right tool, maby only in the mind,or some mind's and nothing can have any advantage if not used for what it was made for.
      feeling of the young and not water folk has been around here a surfski is for people that do not have the talent to surf on a board any longer or to old to cut it standing? so in come the S.U.P. again on the flat with a Canoe or Row boat, something old people like Gran Pa fish or paddle in on a lake, raceing on the flat is something done with a power boat, Playing on waves is done with a jet ski and paddling suck's? or the why would any one with a brain at any age play at all on the water? Can This be The Real world today at least speaking to people in FL?

      Cheers Joseph