New Thrower in New Mexico

  • bevmarbar
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2011
      We are looking for someone in New Mexico to instruct 6 new throwers. Does anyone know anyone in New Mexico that could help ? Thanks Martin
    • brknfthr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2011
          Hi Martin

         I know there are a bunch of Mountain Man throwers down that way, I'll see if I can round someone up for you to hook up with.

          There is a ton of great information at www.throwzini.com from targets to various styles of throwing and way's to choose knives and tomahawks, but as I say I'll see what I can do.

          Also if you go to the Throwzini site and click on Local Throwers then check New Mexico you may have some neighbors right next door that throw?

        Joe Darrah
        Brokenfeather
        Custom Knives
        AKTA
        National Tournament
        Director
      • Talon
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
          Hi Martin,

          Where in NM? We have a knife and tomahawk throwing club at NM Tech in Socorro. We're mostly beginners, but we can definitely show you the basics, and we would love to have more people to throw with. Give me a call at 575-517-0252.

          Cheers.

          Talon

          --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "bevmarbar" <bevmarbar@...> wrote:

          > We are looking for someone in New Mexico to instruct 6 new throwers. Does anyone know anyone in New Mexico that could help ? Thanks Martin

        • Beverly Barber
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
            Thanks for responding.  We live just East of Albuquerque.    Will call you this week Thanks   Martin

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                Thanks for stepping up Talon and being willing to share the sport/art with new people, keep up the good work!

              Joseph Darrah
              AKTA
              National Tournament
              Director
            • Talon Newton
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                Hi Joe,
                I just don't want to be the only knife throwing addict here.  So I am constantly trying to infect other people. :)

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                    Copy that Talon I hear you, unfortunately your all the way across the country and flying back East in Nov. is a crap shoot at best, I have score sheets on file as well as a waiver form that everyone at my throw will sign just to cover yourself if it will help I'd be glad to forward them to you.

                    As John say's it's a bit of a slow process starting a club but it sounds like your well on your way to having a great one, also as John said if I can be of any help please let me know, I could donate a few engraved knives as prizes for your throw and talk to a few other people and maybe get a couple more donated.

                    We as you are about promoting the sport and spreading the addiction and I blame it all on that Throwzini fellow Scott Gracia, he's really helped me out a lot both in getting more involved in throwing by hooking me up with all the great people I've come to know and being a great friend, keep the addiction alive!!!

                  Joe Darrah
                  Brokenfeather
                  Custom Knives
                • Talon Newton
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                    Hi Joe,

                    It's too bad you won't be able to join us, but I understand.   One of these days we will meet.  Thanks for offering to help.  I would like to see your score sheets and waiver.  And, as for the knives -- WOW!  I'm not sure what to say.  That would be great!  Are all you blade slingers this cool?

                    The club is going well so far.  The cool thing is that because we are officially a student club, we get a certain amount of funding from the university every semester.  So, we've already been able to buy quite a few knives and hawks.  We should have a website in the next week or two.  I'll be sure to post a link.  Every semester, we get a couple more enthusiastic members.

                    Scott Gracia does seem to be at the center of the knife throwing community.  I hope to meet him some day also.  Thanks again Joe, and I'm sure I will have some more questions.  Have a good day!

                    Cheers.

                    Talon

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                        Hi Talon

                       I just sent over Score Sheets, Rules and Waiver documents I hope this helps out!

                        Yeah Scott is like Rome All knife throwing roads lead to him, but seriously he and I have spent some time throwing and fishing and he is a super great guy, I even won the Throwzini title for a little while once, it was short lived but SWEET!

                       Joe D.
                    • Talon Newton
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                        Thank you Joe!!

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                            No problem!

                           Joe D.
                        • Janie Vogt
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 21, 2011
                            Hi Talon,

                            Most of ‘em Smile  are just this cool....but especially Joe...don’t tell him I said so.

                            Janie (aka Calamity)

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 22, 2011

                              'The cool thing is that because we are officially a student club, we get a certain amount of funding from the university every semester.'

                              I think we need to start searching every university we can find for knife throwers! And club starters! :-)

                              You're the first I've heard about who has done this Talon.... way to go man!

                              Scott

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 22, 2011
                                You've been blaming that on me for years now Joe :-) Thanks for the kind words but all I've ever done is just share the info that other people send me... so thanks to everyone else!!!

                                I'll get the club info added to the sites and also mention it in the newsletter Talon. Have fun with it!!!