Re: Target maintance

  • tykespike01
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hello Joe B,

      Why do you want to preserve them ?

      Once they're nearly through in the bullseye area, use them as firewood and get some more.

      Problem solved.

      Seriously, why do you want to preserve them ?

      Over here in the UK they get a bit of water now and again but still last us, at our Club, a few months.

      Saying that I do need to find a big target as one of our throwers has bought a double bit Gransfors Burs axe. Now that does chew targets up.

      Regards,

      Little John

      --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Joe B" <zero_m_o_a@...> wrote:

      > What is a good way to preserve a target round? I have heard that soaking them in water so that they sort of 'selfheal'. What about motor oils? This would be less likely to dry out over time as well as lubricate the blade as it stuck. Also I had though about putting a securing band around the out side to hold it together. Any thoughts?

    • Parish
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
        Well the idea is to extend the life of a round for use.  Some of us dont have ready access to rounds and try to get the most out of them when we have them.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2010
          Thanks for the reply, Parish.

          I take your point.

          Little John